Comand APS resets radio

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andreas_t

Car
GT C
Hello Folks - I could do with your help and advice ....

My comand APS (MY06) has started to reset the radio at random intervals. I notice the problem when I start the car: it changes to the first preset radio station and switches the traffic announcements to 'on'.

The only 'external' item I have connected to the system is Viseo MB2.

I have a suspicion that this may be causing another spurious problem that I have - intermittent wipers. The wipers malfunction a few minutes after the comand has reset the radio station.

I am wondering if there is a way to force a full reset of the comand system ?

Can anyone help ? - Any other suggestions perhaps ?

Any replies will be gratefully received.

Try removing the Comand supply fuse, leave it out for a few minutes before replacing. This action should reset your Comand.

Do you know where the fuse is ? - I think there are 3 fuse boxes: bonnet, passenger side and boot.

Thanks in advance.

I think you should try to reset the AGW too.

How do the wipers malfunction? Difficult to see the connection.

Diesel Benz, what is the AGW ?

The wiper issue is described in this thread: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/99535-cls-intermittent-wipe-intermittent-problem.html - the local dealer has changed the rain sensor and wiper control stalk but it keeps happening. I noticed that just before the wipers go on the blink, the comand resets the radio - could be coincidence, or it could be related.

At least if it gets the comand gremlin out of the way, we may be able to make some progress at the dealer's.....

Diesel Benz, what is the AGW ?

The wiper issue is described in this thread: http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/99535-cls-intermittent-wipe-intermittent-problem.html - the local dealer has changed the rain sensor and wiper control stalk but it keeps happening. I noticed that just before the wipers go on the blink, the comand resets the radio - could be coincidence, or it could be related.

At least if it gets the comand gremlin out of the way, we may be able to make some progress at the dealer's.....

AGW means Audio GateWay, the amplifier and radio tuner at the trunk. But if you have issues with the radio and the wipers simultaneously, it should not be from AGW, perhaps a SAM issue?

The problem is that, after 5 visits to the dealership, they cannot diagnose it. The technicians say there are no fault codes stored and I feel that they are admitting that they have run out of ideas.

So is there a way to get the SAM diagnosed ?

The service manager even suggested that I was making it up - silly really, as I had shown the fault to one of his people a couple of days prior to our conversation.

I am in a situation where I have a gremlin under the bonnet and an apprehensive service manager .... and, therefore, I am trying to get some wiser opinion and self-help.

BTW, the car is under MB Tier 1 extended warranty - it is only a matter of time before I throw the toys out of the pram ... but with help from the forum I can throw them even further !

I think you should check that the unit storing radio station memory has its power connector properly attached. I have to admit I've never tested if pulling the fuse would make the car lose radio station memory and I'm not even sure if it is AGW that stores the station info or the head unit (Comand). You could easily test this. If loosing power from a removed fuse does not make the car loose radio settings, then it must be a SW bug or a HW fault on that unit.

This is most useful. At least I can now "suggest" that the dealer investigates that side of things.

Many many thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom