Comand Calibration

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercman1969

Well,

Got it fitteed at last and now simply need to set it up

Where are the menus for telling if it is picking up sats?
When entering the calibration menu select used tyres and enter the tyre size.....what should happen then? It simply sits on the tyre size page for ages without doing anything

Is there a downloadable user guide posted anywhere

It is comand 2.0 fitted in a W163

Cheers

Pete

When entering the calibration menu select used tyres and enter the tyre size.....what should happen then? It simply sits on the tyre size page for ages without doing anything
Hold the button down after choosing the tyre sizes, just like you do when navigating or entering a name etc.

Put your navigation disk in and when its loaded press MAP. this should show you how many satellites it can see in the upper right side of the screen.

What should happen during a calibration?

I got 225/60/17 tyres and when I selected the 7 kept the button pressed down....nothing happened

Also it didnt seem to pick up any sats?

I got the uk 08 disc but I think it is corrupt...can it be downloaded from anywhere?

Put in the europe map and I at least get a map but still no sats??

I got 225/60/17 tyres and when I selected the 7 kept the button pressed down....nothing happened

Also it didnt seem to pick up any sats?

I got the uk 08 disc but I think it is corrupt...can it be downloaded from anywhere?

I meant the right hand dial :) . You probably do the same thing when you're using other features and menus so it might be familiar.

The first time I used comand it took AGES to get some sats. I've not had a problem since the very first use.

I meant the right hand dial :) . You probably do the same thing when you're using other features and menus so it might be familiar.

The first time I used comand it took AGES to get some sats. I've not had a problem since the very first use.

Yep...used the right hand rotary button to select the numbers....on the last number kept the button pressed

What is supposed to happen next and how quickly?

Will it still pick up sats in uk even though europe map is inserted...my uk map disc is corrupted and the player wont read it

Malcolm,

Worn you down with my daft questions ;-)

Please feel free to send it to me...will send it you back once have confirmed it isnt the unit that is knackered

will PM my address

It does work and I upgraded last year when my old age fuel allowance came :mad:

It will go into todays post

I wil not answer the PM as thats to hectic

Good luck

I will get my car out and try the Sweden map and the Europe to see what happens

Silly question I know, but was the car outside when checking for satellites? One does tend to get carried away when working on the car in the garage.:eek:

Malcolm,

Thanks very much chap...received disc this morning
Have just put it in the unit and it appears to work...well it is reading the disc and going through the steps anyway

How long does it take to receive sat data...waitied 5 mins and still showed 0 ZERO sats?

Malcolm,

Thanks very much chap...received disc this morning
Have just put it in the unit and it appears to work...well it is reading the disc and going through the steps anyway

How long does it take to receive sat data...waitied 5 mins and still showed 0 ZERO sats?

It can take up to 20 minutes.

Make sure you are in a good area. Ie not next to a large building or too many metal structures.

I think this is now working....left it running on Saturday on an hour trip...turned itself off after about 20 mins and then when turned back on it appears to be working ok...can you mute the voice commands?

Only trouble I can see is that the icon appears to be around 1/4 to 1/2 mile out...is on the correct road and heading in right direction...is just lagging somewhat to actual position????

To mute Digital Doris wait until she is speaking (or press the volume knob and she will repeat the last command) then press and hold the Mute button for about three seconds.

You can adjust the flossie speaking volume in the menu.

I also find it easier to switch to an untuned radio station or press the TV button and then the nav one again.

Pleased it all working :):)

I think this is now working....left it running on Saturday on an hour trip...turned itself off after about 20 mins and then when turned back on it appears to be working ok...can you mute the voice commands?

Only trouble I can see is that the icon appears to be around 1/4 to 1/2 mile out...is on the correct road and heading in right direction...is just lagging somewhat to actual position????

Sounds like your speed pulse might not be working.

Sounds like your speed pulse might not be working.

Never had a missing speed pulse, does it introduce lag on the position because of the slower update rate? Does it then regain the correct/accurate position when the car is stationary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom