COMAND CD Lens cleaner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nibbo

Car
C180K Estate
Hi All,

Has anyone got a CD lens cleaner that works in thier W203 COMAND unit? If so could you let me know the make please?

Mine could not read the nav CD but played music OK and my lens cleaner would not work. I have since taken the unit apart and cleaned the lens and the nav now works but the CD lens cleaner still wont play so I am guessing I need a specific type of cleaner for COMAND.

TIA

Hi All,

Has anyone got a CD lens cleaner that works in thier W203 COMAND unit? If so could you let me know the make please?

Mine could not read the nav CD but played music OK and my lens cleaner would not work. I have since taken the unit apart and cleaned the lens and the nav now works but the CD lens cleaner still wont play so I am guessing I need a specific type of cleaner for COMAND.

TIA

I use one of those Cd lens cleaning kits from WH Smith. It spins up the disk and cleans the lens seemingly okay!

Thanks Alfie; can't remember where I got mine but it works in everything (Laptop, DVD, CD Changer etc...) except COMAND which simply will not read it.
Will try a WH Smiths one next time I get any read errors.

I dont think Comand reads any CD lens cleaners, at least it doesn't in COMAND 2.5, you have to insert it a few times and it it will clean a little each time before it spits it out!

I don't think Comand reads any CD lens cleaners, at least it doesn't in COMAND 2.5, you have to insert it a few times and it it will clean a little each time before it spits it out!

I was starting to wonder. I tried mine about 20 times and gave up and took the unit apart instead.
It seems a bit odd that cannot read them though. There is only one lens and it plays other music CD's as well as reads the Nav disk. Why would it not read the cleaning CD? It is just another CD with tracks on it after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom