Comand CD Text reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Midland45

Car
W209 CLK 270CDI
Having recently fitted a Comand APS to my facelift 04 W209, I've been experimenting with audio Cds with CD text in my cd changer. I have noted the Album title is displayed on the comand magazine screen and when the cd is played the album title and track title are displayed on the comand screen. But in the instrument cluster, only CD 1 and Track 1 etc are displayed.
Is this corrrect or should the album and track be displayed as per the comand screen ?

the information you have is correct, I have the same vehicle in the facelift version with the same equipment and mine does exactly as you say the instrument cluster only says track and yet command give the name and details, hope this clarifies
mebs

If you rip the disk as MP3 though you can pick up the details on both :)

Hmm I didn't think the comand fitted to the CLK, C etc could play mp3's, just the E class units.

Hmm I didn't think the comand fitted to the CLK, C etc could play mp3's, just the E class units.

I'm pretty sure the CD changer fitted to MOST based cars will play MP3's. I fitted one a few days ago, to a W169 A class, and it was playing an MP3 disk which displayed track titles.

The CD Changer fitted to C-class etc since around Mid 2004 will play MP3 CD's with the Audio 20, Sometime in 2005 the 'C-type' Comand APS. was updated to support MP3's.

Unfortunately for me the Comand I got fitted by Braybooks In December 2005 was an old one. (Took me nearly a year of trying various ideas to find this out)I still haven't worked out if it can be updated.

So If your W209 Comand is a 2006 model you should be OK

My 209 Comand APS is out of a 2004 car. I've tried a cd with mp3's in both the CD changer and the Comand unit, but neither seem to be able to read the disc. I dont suppose a disc with short named un-nested files would work.
Has anyone tried this ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom