COMAND Confusion in C270 (2003)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smallins

Car
C 270 CDI
I'm totally confused about what kind of satnav system I have and what my options are for upgrading. It's a Comand system with a CD, marked travelpilot DX. It doesn't support TMC but has an icon that suggests it should. I asked the local dealer (Robinsons, Cambridge) and they were more confused than I am, so no help there. So, apart from ripping out the electronics and starting again, can anyone help? How do I figure out what version of COMAND I have, and ii) is there disk or firmware upgrade (or both) I can buy which will enable TMC?

(And iii is it worth it?)

Thanks!

I'm totally confused about what kind of satnav system I have and what my options are for upgrading. It's a Comand system with a CD, marked travelpilot DX. It doesn't support TMC but has an icon that suggests it should. I asked the local dealer (Robinsons, Cambridge) and they were more confused than I am, so no help there. So, apart from ripping out the electronics and starting again, can anyone help? How do I figure out what version of COMAND I have, and ii) is there disk or firmware upgrade (or both) I can buy which will enable TMC?

(And iii is it worth it?)

Thanks!

You have comand 2 in your car which is Cd based. You can get TMC working. All you need to make sure of is that you have the MY01 update applied (possibly already done depending on the age of your car), and a newer TMC Dx disk.

Well worth it in my opinion if you travel a lot on motorways and A roads.

Thanks Alfie!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom