COMAND date...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clk320x

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model S, Model X & Mercedes W212 /// Previous: Jaguar XFR, Mercedes E320 CDI, C32 AMG, CLK 320
Hi guys,

So today my W211 decided that the UK time had moved forward by 2 hours, and it’s currently the 21/10/2076.

I’ve sorted out the time, but it won’t allow adjustment of the date. It’s greyed out.

I’ve looked through every possible menu and I’m totally stuck. Even reset COMAND to factory settings and all that did was change everything to German!

3-CD78578-82-FA-4232-AA67-F10-AAC85-B0-E7.jpg

Thanks in advance.

I spotted this today as well.

I have changed the time but not sure on the date. I hope it will just update from the satellites.

I spotted this today as well.

I have changed the time but not sure on the date. I hope it will just update from the satellites.

Haha thank god its not just me R!

Same thing happened to me today too. I think it happened around mid-afternoon. I first noticed it at 1538 when the car thought it was 1738.

Yup the COMAND on our 2007 S203 jumped by 2 hours as well ... I didn't check the date when I corrected it - will have a look tonight!

Had same problem as clk320x. Found the menu dd/mm/yy etc and that’s as far as I got.

I wonder why it won’t allow you to change the date?

I remembered to check the date on ours last night and it was correct.

Okay..... either I've missed a good wind up or something odd is going on.......... o_O Noticed the clock on the CLS is exactly an hour ahead today......

Need to figure out how to set the time! But why has it changed?!?!?! :confused:

Something to do with the satellite coding of the GPS signal . We have Bodet GPS synchronized clocks in work and they went haywire on Saturday night , so much so that today i had to order a new master clock and new GPS antenna.

Here is the explanation from the clock supplier.

GPS rollover phenomenon

What is GPS rollover?
The GPS date in a GPS module is calculated on a "week number" database sent by the GPS satellites.

The "week number" represents the number of weeks since 6 January 1980 (origin of GPS time). This data allows a GPS module to calculate its UTC calendar. The "week number" is encoded in 10 bits, which represents a maximum of 1,024 weeks. Every 19.6* years, rollover is inevitable.
* 19,6 = 1024/52

What are the impacts on your products?
Certain Bodet products (such as the Sigma master clock) will be affected and will no longer have the correct date. Rollover will cause disturbances on time and season changeovers.

Kenny

I was out in the E55 today, and it’s the same. Reset the clock as it was out by 2 hours but date is greyed out the same as in the OP’s pic.

Not going to bother me about the date but a bit strange though.

It can even affect the latest NTG5 systems. With the latest firmware, hidden in the "dealer tweaking menu", you can change between 3 different 19.6 year groups

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom