comand dislikes Dvdrw

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evdok

MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 330D xDRIVE M/SPORT INDIVIDUAL
Hi all,

Recently had my comand replaced due to screen prob, my query is the old one used to play all kind of CD & DVDs id feed it, the new one is a virgin and doesn't like DVDRWs (DVD error)

& I have MP3's on DVD+RW so that covers both formats!

evdok said:
Hi all,

Recently had my comand replaced due to screen prob, my query is the old one used to play all kind of CD & DVDs id feed it, the new one is a virgin and doesn't like DVDRWs (DVD error)
Is this a new COMAND and has it had all the flash upgrades? If it is in your E-class then it should play the formats you have described.

John

Its a new unit fitted by the dealer under warranty, :confused: it plays mp3's on dvd like masqueraid stated, the prob is dvd films, might try another disc.

Last edited:
Tried another RW disc but still the same:mad:, do they play svcd??

Are the disks in DVD format or are they movie files that have been recorded to DVD?

evdok said:
Tried another RW disc but still the same:mad:, do they play svcd??
Are you just having failures with films that you have 'archived'?

Are you having these propblems with a straight copy of the film or do you think it might be a compatibility thing?

Did these films work on the old COMAND?

If you want I am perfectly willing to liase with you and try similar comparisons via pm?

Good luck,
John

I use powerproducer to make the DVD, everything worked on the old unit, iv used the same DVDs, called the dealer today and they say the new comands don't play RW'S, which i think is a load of crap considering it plays my 350 songs which are on a dvdRW!!

I have a new ML and that wont play DVD Rw either.:(

Is this normal? Or should the new ML play them?

Mark.

The ML shouldn't play DVD films, same as my forfour with no video reader bit (tight wads!) Just wonder if they have fitted this unit to your car evdok? Does it play genuine discs??

Kate

Hmm ... have just had a play with my 2003 COMAND and some recorded DVDs, although they all play fine on my standalone DVD recorder, disks recorded on my PC (DVD-Decrypter/DVD-Shrink/Roxio) Give 'DVD Error' in the car but the same format media recorded on the DVD player play fine.

Doesn't really help with the immediate problem as evdok's disks seem to have played OK on the previous unit but looks like disk recording speed is also crucial as otherwise the structures are identical.

mw_C32 said:
I have a new ML and that wont play DVD Rw either.:(

Is this normal? Or should the new ML play them?

Mark.
Hi Mark,
Is that the same system as an E-class?

Don't forget there are different class vehicles have different COMAND systems! :mad: :mad:

John

glojo said:
Hi Mark,
Is that the same system as an E-class?

Don't forget there are different class vehicles have different COMAND systems! :mad: :mad:

John

It would seem not to be.:(
Although it is a DVD nav system the only DVD it will play is the nav disk itself. :mad:

Mark

Nope the ML gets the same as the A, B, C & Smart Forfours. The watered down version that gives us McDonalds and Pizza Hut as restaurants!

lol

Kate

Update

Hi all,

Tried playing films that i have made using normal blank DVDs and they work:bannana:, mp3's play using DVD-RW:confused:, but playing films using DVD-RW's dont!....basically the only thing it wont play are movie files on DVD-RW's which I'm sure i can live with. Just for the record my old unit played everything.

Cheers guys ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom