COMAND Display problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

clegsr

Car
Later
I have a 2.0 COMAND System in my W210 which the dealer recently upgraded the software as the system was not reliably remembering whether I had left it on or off.

But when I picked up the car, the multifunction display for the NAVI system was slightly offset to the right as in the pic.

P1010035.JPG

The rest of the multi-function displays are fine and the Navi system works OK - although all the text is also offset to the right on the dash.

The dealer has no idea why it is doing this - anyone have any ideas?

here is the DIAG screen (I have no idea what this stuff all means...)

P1010022.JPG

any ideas?

Just got my dealer on a CLK230 to 'enable' the Navi screen and it sits correctly centred, yours looks like it is one character out. Are the directions going of screen?

the arrows for the directions are centered but the text seems to be "right justified" (for want of a better description).- very odd.

it wasn't like this before they upgraded the software - they requested MB head office for an answer.

i think they did the year 00 upgrade, they need to do the 2001 upgrade and i am sure that cures it.

cheers

kenny

......hold down MUTE, 1 + 3, together, for about 10 seconds, and you will get the config / diag menus.

S.

In addirion to the last post you need to have selected 'Radio' before holding mute, 1 and 3 for a few seconds. It doesnt work on any of the other selections!

Originally posted by sjmaxwell
In addirion to the last post you need to have selected 'Radio' before holding mute, 1 and 3 for a few seconds. It doesnt work on any of the other selections!

yeah - sorry - you are quite right - same on mine.

S.

But do your NAVI DIAG screens look the same as mine?

The dealer rang today that a software update is being sent from Germany - to be installed later this week (I hope)...

Thanks for that, i got it.
does anyone know what is the current software version?

thanks

I have an 18 month old CLK with Comand.
Should the dealer be updating the software?
Whenever it goes in for work?
Or on request from me?
Without charge?

So now I've installed the command 2.0 system into my car, do I need to get the Stealership to enable it in the display.

I have a facelift 2000 CLK 230K with the in dash info system. I can't get Navi up in the display, but I can control the RADIO volume, but not channel change as I could before.

Craig

On mine there was two things that the dealer did. The first dealer reset the error messages on the Comand unit but said the dashboard display couldn't be done - this was wrong. the second dealer enabled the 'Navi' option on the display. You need to move a wire in the diagnostic plug under the bonnet.

The steering wheel controls worked before and after as this is worked by the CAN bus. Have you set the dash to change the radio by 'frequency' or stored 'stations' (I'm thinking that you haven't 'stored' any radio stations). It is done in the settings menu (the one that says something like 'should be set at standstill' - it adjusts the clock as well)?

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I will check the radio settings.

As for my dealership, I'm dure a srvice in 2500 miles so I will try and sweet talk the dealer then.

I've only just got the CLK, 4-5 weeks now and I'm think of a C180 coupe for my other half, so the dealer is looking after me at the moment.

Craig

Display Problem

Hi Clegsr,

Did you ever get your display problem fixed. I have just upgraded my w210 to the Oct 2001 version of the Comand software, and I have exactly the same problem. I'm hoping you got a fix!

Just as a point of interest, I was talking to my Merc dealer about this upgrade, and asked to order the CD for it. The guy disappeared into the back, came out with the CD and said I could borrow it, just let him have it back when I was finished! This is a very friendly dealership would strongly reccomend them to any one in the Essex area, they are Waterhouse Mercedes in Chelmsford. They have a new workshop just been built!

Thanks
Martin

The dealer fixed it finally - luckily the car was still under warranty - I can't remember what the exact problem was but I seem to remember they had to disconnect everything and reload the software- it wasn't a quick job.

clegsr said:
I have a 2.0 COMAND System in my W210 which the dealer recently upgraded the software as the system was not reliably remembering whether I had left it on or off.

But when I picked up the car, the multifunction display for the NAVI system was slightly offset to the right as in the pic.

The rest of the multi-function displays are fine and the Navi system works OK - although all the text is also offset to the right on the dash.

any ideas?

The cluster text-centering may be set to the incorrect value. This can only be done via diagnosis.

Display Problem

So do you think this is something that can be corrected when connected to the diagnostics kit in the dealers?

Is there anyway I can adjust the alinement myself? I did notice that if I cold boot the comand, the display initially comes up in the right place then jumps to the left when it completes.

Thanks for the info, my baby has to go back to the dealer to have the "tooting" steering mod redone, so I'll ask to fix it then.

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom