Comand DVD APS 2013/2015 Version 15.0

OP
OP
jdrrco

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
Apologies, headline should, of course, read 2013/14, not 2013/15.

OP
OP
jdrrco

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
X218 CLS500 AMG BlueEfficiency Sport Shooting Brake - name almost as long as the car...
I don't think mbrunner is actually interested as all 30 posts today seem to be exactly the same on various items
That's why I ignored him/her! :thumb:

PobodY

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
I'm watching it; I think I've got version 6.1 and I'm keen to update the maps.

I assume you've already used this one and upgraded; I read somewhere that there's a code which can only be used once, but I can't see how that could work unless it's "COMAND Online"? - The only other worry is whether I could make the jump without having to install version 10 (?) first.

OP
OP
jdrrco

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
I'm watching it; I think I've got version 6.1 and I'm keen to update the maps.

I assume you've already used this one and upgraded; I read somewhere that there's a code which can only be used once, but I can't see how that could work unless it's "COMAND Online"? - The only other worry is whether I could make the jump without having to install version 10 (?) first.
I used it for 18 months and then changed the car! I've sold old ones out of former cars before and never had any problems.

I'm no expert, but I used it in my '09 CLK which was still running on its factory-supplied disc and I had no issues upgrading. I'm sure there are others on here who could advise you properly.

Codger49

MB Enthusiast
Car
W209 CLK500, W168 A190; E46 325i; SPA2 XC60
Last year I took my 2006 CLK from version 4.0 to version 15 without any problems. I think the v15 disk applies a firmware update before going on to update the maps.

I did make sure the new disk was a genuine MB one, and as recommended in a earlier thread, connected a battery charger for the update. You don't want to run out of power during the firmware update.

OP
OP
jdrrco

jdrrco

MB Enthusiast
Car
Last year I took my 2006 CLK from version 4.0 to version 15 without any problems. I think the v15 disk applies a firmware update before going on to update the maps.

I did make sure the new disk was a genuine MB one, and as recommended in a earlier thread, connected a battery charger for the update. You don't want to run out of power during the firmware update.
That rings vague bells with me too. I remember doing it while I was on a decent length drive (which didn't require satnav!).

Just to add again, the disc on sale is the real thing and not a copy. I bought it from ComandOnline (featured many times on this forum), who only sell OEM discs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom