Comand DVD - Engineer Mode - is it useful?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
I accessed the Engineer Mode in Comand on my W211 E Class. Using the press and hold mute, then also press and hold "phone hang up" and "serv" for 8 seconds (found this on an other thread!)

Anyway, this all worked fine but can anyone tell me "Whats the point?". You dont seem to be able to do anything clever with it.

I was hoping you could do things like reset the speed when video cuts out from say 3 kmh to 10kmh or something.

Has anyone found any useful things that can be set in this mode? and if you have can you tell us how to do it? :confused:

Can I conclude by the lack of responses to this thread that there is nothing useful you can do by accessing the Engineer Mode???

Goldfish11 said:
Can I conclude by the lack of responses to this thread that there is nothing useful you can do by accessing the Engineer Mode???

:D :D I have heard of owners who have got the DVD to play whilst driving, then going into this menu and accidentally resetting the DVD so that it will not commit the illegal act. ;) :D

I suppose there are not to many 211 owners on this forum with the COMAND that want to start experimenting with the different technical options that are accessed.

Good luck with your button pushing and please keep us informed.

John

glojo said:
:D :D I have heard of owners who have got the DVD to play whilst driving, then going into this menu and accidentally resetting the DVD so that it will not commit the illegal act. ;) :D

I suppose there are not to many 211 owners on this forum with the COMAND that want to start experimenting with the different technical options that are accessed.

Good luck with your button pushing and please keep us informed.

John

There doesn't appear to be any options to change. All it seems to show are the version numbers / build dates, etc of all the components.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom