Comand dvd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Marku

Car
Viano Ambiente 2.2CDI W639, S-Class 450SE W116
Having damaged the current DVD I was wondering about putting a previous disc in which will attempt to "update" the system. Will it have any unintended consequences by setting it back to a previous issue?

Thanks I will give it a go. Don't use the satnav much so I would rather not fork out for another disc for a while.

Well put the old disc in and screen asked (in German) if I wanted to update to the older version, selected yes and now the screen is frozen. Cannot exit even with the disc out, no access to radio screen or cd changer. Anyone any ideas?

Pull the fuses to reset the system.

Well got the system back but it really doesn't like the old disc just sits there. Looks like I will have to buy a new disc but would really like to know if the COMAND is working properly. How do you access the system to check?

Are you certain that disc is for your version of Com and. I had no problem going up and down versions. Mine also I am sure came up in English or asked me which language. ...

Yes all are correct and all previously worked. The current disc which is the latest got damaged and COMAND would not read it. Tried the previous one and eventually it froze. It is free now and I might have another go. There is a site that gives the access codes and I might try that to be sure that the unit is OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom