comand fan running continuous

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cdmoreear

Car
C32 AMG
Anyone had similar problem? Cooling fan or something else on command runs continuous even with ignition off. Can it be repaired or is it, as main dealer says, time for a new one?

cdmoreear said:
Anyone had similar problem? Cooling fan or something else on command runs continuous even with ignition off. Can it be repaired or is it, as main dealer says, time for a new one?

It runs for a while ..... I doubt that it is continuously.

I end up with a flat battery after a week or so, so loosing power somewhere very slowly. Have removed fuse to comand and now no noise and will see it battery stays charged.

The fan runs on until the temp in COMAND has reduced sufficiently, ignition on or not. If COMAND has been on for a couple of hours, with say, Nav and music on, it can take 20 minutes or so to cool down enough for the fan to go off. COMAND does monitor your battery though, so there's no danger of it flattening it.

For your flat battery problem, are you leaving the car for an extended period of time? Have a look at this thread.

If the fan really is running continuously, then, yes, there is a problem!

Flyer said:
The fan runs on until the temp in COMAND has reduced sufficiently, ignition on or not. If COMAND has been on for a couple of hours, with say, Nav and music on, it can take 20 minutes or so to cool down enough for the fan to go off. COMAND does monitor your battery though, so there's no danger of it flattening it.

For your flat battery problem, are you leaving the car for an extended period of time? Have a look at this thread.

If the fan really is running continuously, then, yes, there is a problem!

do what i did - fit a relay that cuts the canbus to cluster when ignition is switched off. that should solve your problem.

Stand by for another twist to battery drain saga. Left car on Wednesday in airport car park and removed 10amp fuse to comand. Comand now dead and no fan running. Returned Friday and battery flat. Needed jump start from airport car park staff and car started first turn. So problem possibly not Comand any more ideas anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom