Comand For new SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Does anyone know if the comand from the new C class will work Ok in the New SL????

The C class part number is A 203 827 5242

They are physically the same dimensions , I wondered if the fixings differ or any electrical connections may differ

Anything else I would need to know?

Thanks

:)

That COMAND also appears in the G-Class Wagon.
Not too sure if it will work, I maybe able to find out though...

Hi

Someone had tried to put the new SL comand in a C class, and couldnt make it talk to the instrument cluster (for nav display etc)
- He even had it "recoded" at the dealer to tell it that it was in a C class.

So, I have a feeling it may not work.

Also, the angle of mounting may be different, which would cause GPS to be unreliable (unless U could get the appropriate angle setting device (coloured clip on side of comand that holds the gyro sensor)

The G-Wagen one has a discrete speed sensor input, the C/CLK and SL ones read it over the Can network in the car. Maybee they can be recoded, may be they cant.

I would always advocate getting a unit starting with the correct body code - ie A230 ... .. .. for the SL.

- Grab my document for a reasonably complete list of comand part numbers -- www.ibex.co.uk/mbstuff

Richard

cheers

I've actually since found out that there is no way an SL comand will work in a C class and vice versa. Its to do with the can bus signals that are different in the SL because of the relationship between the SL folding roof action and cars speed ie if car is moving do not allow roof to operate... or something like that - have a look at my post on megacomms english forum for their comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom