COMAND in a 208 CLK [long]

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Originally posted by Flyer
I ordered the wrong one - 203 820 09 75, instead of 230 820 08 75. I therefore had to also buy an extension cable (203 540 70 06), as the connectors are different
every single OEM MB GPS antenna comes with that same wicklick connector...the 203, 209 and 230 partnumbered GPS antenna are all alike with the only difference that the cable is a bit shorter for the 209 antenna and a lot shorter for the 230 antenna...but they do all use the same wicklick antenna - so you had to use that extension cable anyways.
Originally posted by Steve bcs
Conversley the C & CLK (& G class ) whilst the same phsical shape, will definately NOT work in an SL
The shape is different as well...the 230 numbered comands ONLY fit and work in the R230 SL and that is it...the 209, 203 and 463 (with additional speedwire) are interchangeable and same shape.

greetingz,

Originally posted by MBenzNL
every single OEM MB GPS antenna comes with that same wicklick connector...the 203, 209 and 230 partnumbered GPS antenna are all alike with the only difference that the cable is a bit shorter for the 209 antenna and a lot shorter for the 230 antenna...but they do all use the same wicklick antenna - so you had to use that extension cable anyways.

Thanks Steve - I feel better knowing that I haven't wasted money :D . I had read, obviously incorrectly, that the other cable had the correct connector on it.

Cheers

Andrew

Originally posted by wwgraham
I saw this on eBay:

Does anyone know if this is suitable for either of my cars
That is one of those german ebay auktions with which I wonder whether those who do bid even know what they are bidding on...

That comand on the picture is a Japanese spec comand (I have several of those for the W203 - CD rom based and DVD based) and in Japan they use a FM range from 50 to 80MHz...rather useless here in europe...not to mention everything else that is different.
Even when I set the Japanese spec comand to english, I can't read half of whatever comes up on the screen...
Germans nevertheless already bid 380 euro for something they won't use for sure...

greetingz,

Hi MBenzNL, Many thanks for the informative response, I think I'll leave it well alone...

Best regards

Will

How easy is it to fit command then in a W202, I presume it can be a DIY job, or is there a lot more to it than meets the eye.
Also what can you realisticly expect to pay for a unit, extra parts etc.

Shude you could do a step by step like you did for your puddle lights, that would be loads of help to a lot of people :D

How about it ?

Originally posted by MBenzNL
greetingz,

Audiocommp sell a MB OEM GPS Antenna that has the correct comand connector already on?

Part number A203 820 0975

mbgpsantenna.jpg

Last edited:
Originally posted by steve_bcs
Part number A203 820 0975
That partnumber is for the OEM MB GPS antenna...that connector is retrofitted by audiocomp (the antenna comes with a different connector from MB).

greetingz,

aha ... Thanks for clearing that up Steve

pipehose said:
how much does all this command stuff cost
It depends on which car it's being fitted to and which comand unit is being installed. Comand 2.0 units typically cost about £750 and then expect to spend another £300 maybe on other bits and pieces of cabling or interior parts. If you want a cd-changer for it they're about £300 and if you want any of the other comand options like tv-tuner, phone kit or linguatronic then you can expect to spend about £300-500 on each option. Navigation discs are about £100 each. If you were going to upgrade a w202, w208 or w210 to multifunction steering wheel and instrument cluster then you're looking at another £500ish.

Say, if its not too much trouble , could you maybe post a list of the parts you bought for your W208 project ? Am contemplating doing a conversion since your post "inspired" me ! :D
Thanks. Great post btw.

Browsing through to pass yet more boredom at work, I couldn't help but notice the rather snazzy carbon Sport logo on the top of your gear stick! I've looked at the options for my 202, and have always been disapointed with the stock sport logo on my c43. Why they couldn't make a custom one like they did for the C36 I dont know! Anyways, would love to know if it'll fit my 202, looks like it will, and part number if poss? :D

McGreggor said:
Anyways, would love to know if it'll fit my 202, looks like it will, and part number if poss? :D
just trawled through what I have here, darned if I can find ANYTHING relating to a w208 clk with a "sport" designation, although I know they exist. Prolly need a VIN to find it.

Got to dash now, but I'll have a look for a part number tomorrow; if not, I'll give Shude my VIN.

Forge, if you're still around, sorry must have missed your post - do you still want the numbers?

Flyer said:
I'll give Shude my VIN.
I got the VIN!

Which interior type is it Flyer "magic eyes" or "curly ahorn"? :D

Both are listed as a designo style. I think "magic eyes" is the carbon-like one and the "curly ahorn" refers to some kind of wood (knob replaced by a 220 part number and the s-class never had a carbon-like interior IIRC)

The shift knob is about 280 euro I think :eek:

If people still want the part number I can provide it but I should warn you, I can't guarantee it's the right one and it'll be expensive to find out! I reckon someone with training and experience at a stealership should look it up!

Shude said:
Which interior type is it Flyer "magic eyes" or "curly ahorn"? :D

Negative, it's the Sport trim :) . The 208 at the time was available in either Sport or Elegance trims (Sport was later replaced by AvantGarde).

Shude said:
The shift knob is about 280 euro I think :eek:

Double :eek:

McGreggor, I took the shift knob off this morning, but there is no identifiable part number on there. Sorry!

Recently bought my first Merc and love it ........... can anyone give me details on whether I can fit a Command system to a 2001 CLK 230K convertible and if so:

1. What parts do I need ?
2. Do the parts come from Mercedes or an after market supplier ?
3. What level of knowledge is required to install it ?
4. Is it 100% compatible with the existing telemetry in the car ?
5. etc etc

Looking forward to some information ....

Cheers

Rob

Robndeb said:
Recently bought my first Merc and love it ........... can anyone give me details on whether I can fit a Command system to a 2001 CLK 230K convertible and if so:

1. What parts do I need ?
2. Do the parts come from Mercedes or an after market supplier ?
3. What level of knowledge is required to install it ?
4. Is it 100% compatible with the existing telemetry in the car ?
5. etc etc

Looking forward to some information ....

Cheers

Rob

1. all the parts are listed at the top of this thread
2. you can get them from stevebcs on here or steve in the netherlands www.mbenznl.com
3. pretty easy really - just read the how to above and u will know whether u can do it or not
4. yes aslong as u get the correct comand version
5. its worth it - do it i did

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom