Comand in cold or wet weather ........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryan Allman

SUPPORTER
Car
SLK55 (R172) 62.
Over the past few months my Comand system will suddenly mute for no apparent reason. This is coupled with a flash of the all the Parktronic lights on the top of the dashboard.

If you leave it, the sound comes back after a few seconds or so (maybe 10-15 seconds). If you turn off the system, or press any button apart from the Repeat Last Instruction button, it remains muted. If you press the Repeat Last Instruction button, the last command is repeated and the radio comes back on !! :dk:

I have taken out and replaced the 40amp fuse in the rear fuse compartment in an attempt to reboot the system, but no difference.

The one thing that I have now realised is that this only seems to happen in cold or wet weather ..........

So, any ideas anyone? Its no big deal but part of that great mystery which is the electronics system in an 04 W211 :thumb:

Did I ever tell you about the telephone module behind the rear seat that fails if you screw down the plastic panel that covers it and the other two modules ........ leave the screws out and its fine :doh:

Did I ever tell you about the telephone module behind the rear seat that fails if you screw down the plastic panel that covers it and the other two modules ........ leave the screws out and its fine

Well, if that is breaking the fibre optic ring, it could confuse the head unit into muting. It doesnt explain the flash of the parktronic lights, so really I think you need to get Star Diagnosis on it, clear all the faults, wait for it to happen again and see what faults are logged

Richard

Ps, as you are in Farnham, go see Comand (Europe) Ltd (Unique Car Sound & Security in Lightwater)

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom