comand installs in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
from an earlier thread:
MBenzNL said:
Retrofitting comand in a W211 IS possible BUT there is a big difference in the audio systems between several 211s as in:
- US spec versus euro spec (australian spec equals euro spec btw)
- 211s manufactured up to 01/03/2003 and 211s manufactured after that date
- 211s with(out) H K soundsystem

I am currently retrofitting comand in a late 2003 W211 (which stagnated due to the audio main wairing harness being in back order) which has the less ideal setup to start with and requires a complete change of the audiosystem...
In cars like this one it is not really worthwhile retrofitting comand in when looking at the prices for parts alone...but depending on the audio set up in a W211 comand retrofit might be affordeable - and certainly is doable.
MBenzNL said:
Every 211 that has a separate audio gateway (pre 03/2003 and HK equiped cars) are easy...

Thanks Richard and Shude.

I was just reading that thread about Marcus wanting to have command fitted as well. It looks as thought its going to be a pain stakingly expensive job. Im going to wait and see where the £ figure goes and then I will decide if I get the command or a garmin...lolz!

Im not sure if I would like to see the car like this:

A picture of a eurospec 08/2003 W211 E220CDI in which a factory DVD comand got retrofitted. The audio system for the standard headunit was setup completely different then the comand system is set up so the whole audio wiring has been renewed in order to get the factory DVD comand retrofitted...
DSC00688.jpg

But its the end product that matters ;)
DSC00775.jpg

(Pics from MBenzNL's website)

BRaybrooks are regularly retrofitting E class 211 DVD comands - Why not call them for a price - probably around £3k or so

steve_bcs said:
BRaybrooks are regularly retrofitting E class 211 DVD comands - Why not call them for a price - probably around £3k or so

Ive already done that. They qouted £3,800 :eek: Thats a little too much.

How much do you think it will roughly cost to retrofit myself (if possible) or by MBnzNL? will it end up being close to £3,800???

mobilecentreuk said:
I am away at the Motorshow but can ivestigate the sostings for this when I return

I was offered a complete kit (whatever that comprises) for 3000 euros from a german supplier plus I imagine various sundry looms and connectors etc from mb uk part dept plus installation costs .

its never going to be as cheap as a comand 2 .0DX installation.

if anyone wants to post a "how to" I'd be happy to investigate the supply side further .

Hi

Im new to this forum. I own a 2003 C180K Elegance SE Estate. Im looking to have a Comand System fitted (wish I had had it done when I ordered :mad: )

From reading the posts on here I guess its a Comand 2.0 that would be fitted? I have seen Comand APS and Comand DX mentioned .. whats the difference ? :confused: (sorry if thats a dumb question)

Can anyone give me a pointer towards a good supplier/ Installer that wont invalidate my MB warranty.

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks in advance :)

Mark

I found an Audio 50 APS going for £400 (But it now) and a W211 COMMAND at £374 (but I expect that to go higher)

I could consider either one of these but what I need to know is:
1) Will it be possible to do it myself? (with help) or will I need someone like Mark to do it for me? (Will the whole car need to be disassembled?)
2) How much will all the small bits and pieces cost me? (wires, aerial etc)
3) Is it worth doing?

I think this thread has been a sticky for way too long and has wandered WAY off the original topic. Rather than have one huge, unwieldy thread I am going to un-sticky it and let it slowly slide down the index. If people have a question about comand installations you should first search the forum, then if nothing shows up create a new thread about the situation! :)

Shude said:
I think this thread has been a sticky for way too long and has wandered WAY off the original topic. Rather than have one huge, unwieldy thread I am going to un-sticky it and let it slowly slide down the index.

I agree ,

About time too :D

Given the popularity of comand related stuff, would it be prudent to have a COMAND/Audio section do you think?

Last edited:
copy of email.ref command insatallations uk

Hi Paul,

General comand info can be found here - please read through it:

http://www.mbenznl.com/products/comand.shtml

Pictures of some of the comands Steve installed in the past can be found
here:

http://groups.msn.com/mbenznl/installdetails.msnw?albumlist=2

Comand can be installed in your car without a single doubt and we can offer
you a complete self installation kit which will include:
- refurbished eurospec comand (good optical condition and 3 months warranty)
- GPS antenna for underdash installation
- C1 and C2 connectors
- additional screws for the comand fixation
- mercedes tools to take the instrument cluster out (for installation of the
GPS antenna)
- comand owners manual in english
- some installation info
- a bill/receipt with registered serial number and 19% Dutch VAT
- shipping per FedEx IP
...for 1425 euro...

The navigation disc is NOT included.

Feel free to ask whatever is not answered in the link above...

It is possible to install the comand yourself. It is not as easy as the W203
comand, but still doable. It requires a certain amount of technical skills
and will take you about 4-5 hours...

As for Steve being in the UK in August... I don't think so... He is in
London at the moment, to do installs, but will return home tonight. His next
install trip will be to the USA (East Coast), leaving on July 14 and
returning to Holland on August 6. His next (US) install trip will be late
August, early September, so I don't think he will have any time left to go
to the UK to do installs in August...

We also install CD changers, TV tuners... Please check at www.MBenzNL.com
for info, and http://groups.msn.com/MBenzNL/europartspimp.msnw?albumlist=2
for pictures...

greetingz from the Netherlands,

Wanda Klein Gunnewiek

for:
Steve Krabbenborg (MBenzNL) the NetherLands

http://www.MBenz.NL

a reply from mbenznl to me might help clear up some confusion here about when hes here next

Last edited:
when you are in the UK what location are you operating from and where would i have to be to have a comand fitted in a 203 c class !

fitting of comand

when you are over here what will your location be and would you travel through out the uk to fit
what would it cost

kcal said:
when you are over here what will your location be and would you travel through out the uk to fit
what would it cost
This thread is 10 days short of being a year old, and isn't really being used for it's original intentions.

If you want to contact Steve, his e-mail address is [email protected]

I am going to lock this thread because it's become pointless! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom