comand installs in the UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MBenzNL

Car
1993 C250D - 612+k kilometer
I will be attending the UK gtg in August and already have several comand installs planned in the London area during that same weekend prior to the gtg.

If anyone here with a W203, W208, W209 or W210 is seriously interested in getting a comand installed as well, feel free to mail me at [email protected] for further info. Prices will vary from 1200-1600 euro depending on what car you have. The units are used/refurbished for the W208/W210 and unused (but previously installed) for the W203/W209 and come with a 3 month warranty from me.

greetingz,

Steve,

You should already have me down for the 15th

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Looking forward to it.

Cheers

Guy

steve have you got any R129 new shape rear clusters?

cheers

Up to now I have only 5 confirmed comand installs...
1 W203, 1 W208, 1 W209 and 2 W210s...anyone else wanting an installed comand?

greetingz,

When is the next time you might be coming back to the UK? I am interested, but do not have the funds at the moment.

Originally posted by gklau
When is the next time you might be coming back to the UK? I am interested, but do not have the funds at the moment.

The GTG I think.

Hi Mate,

How much would it cost to have a Command unit installed in a C220CDI classic SE, 2003 Model? UK pounds please

Cheers

Originally posted by dchaddah
How much would it cost to have a Command unit installed in a C220CDI classic SE, 2003 Model?
1500 euro for an installed unused (but previously installed) eurospec comand incl. 6 months warranty...the actual navigation CD is not included.

greetingz,

Steve,

Is it possible to fit COMAND in my W202?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Simon
Is it possible to fit COMAND in my W202?
yes...see the links for pictures:

1999 C43 with comand, MF steering wheel and instrument cluster, TV tuner, 12 CD changer and nokia 6310 carkit...
various 202s amongst which Shude's C230k
1998 C220CDI station with comand, MF steering wheel and instrument cluster, TV, 6CD changer and Nokia 6310 carkit...

greetingz,

Hi being a recent MB convert ( C220 CDI Evo-Pan Coupe) this is all new to me. I was drawn to this 'cos I am intersted in having COMAND installed.
Local Stealership tells me that it is not possible to retrofit andthat COMAND must be supplied as factory option :(

but this, and other threads seem to imply other wise, is there hope yet ? Any any experience of a retro fit to a 2003 ( or similar ) ?

Hi Welcome to the forum

There is no implication - its a fact that comand can be retofited to almost any merc.

Its also a fact that every dealer wil tell you the opposite - we have all been there & heard their kiljoy response.

I & many other forum users have fitted comand ourselves with help from other users here.

I have no personal experience of installing comand in the sports coupe but someone here may have.

Thbnaks for the response - goo dquestion, foes anyone have any experience of this fit ? Or at least be able to supply me with a list of everything I am likely to need ?
I have teh MB CD autochnager mounted in the glovebox and teh standard ( MB 10 ? ) Radio single-CD mounted in the dash, with a MF steering wheel ....

OK, I'm interested in a command system for my W208 (CLK 230k). I'm new to this and have only had the MB for about 3 weeks.

Are you coming over here again and if so how much is a unit, is the display colour and do I get an AUX input with it for my MP3 player.

Regards

Craig

OK, I'm confused, as I said, I'm new to the whole MB scene. I have I believe a 2000 (W) plate facelift model CLK230K Avantegarde.

Is this a W208 or W209?

Thanks

Craig

Originally posted by craigyb
OK, I'm confused, as I said, I'm new to the whole MB scene. I have I believe a 2000 (W) plate facelift model CLK230K Avantegarde.

Is this a W208 or W209?

Thanks

Craig

Hi Craig,

A 2000 CLK would be a 208 (C208 for coupe, A208 for cabrio). The new shape CLK that's just come out is the 209.

Check out this page for chassis codes: http://mbspy.bacosys.be/wcodes.htm

Cheers,
simon

Originally posted by craigyb
...is the display colour and do I get an AUX input with it for my MP3 player.
The display is colour and there is an aux cable available from the stealership parts dept for about £12.

Please read this if you have a few minutes: COMAND in a 208 CLK

Here is a picture of the navigation menu, taken by Flyer (can be seen in the above instructions as well).

install7.jpg

Here is a pic of the comand unit installed in my w202 (was never an option and I had to build the double-din frame and facia myself)

w202comand34.jpg

Where abouts in Manchester are you Craig? If you want a demo I'm sure either Flyer or myself could provide :)

Hi, thanks for the speedy replies, I'm in Sale, south Manchester.

I'm toying with the idea of a carputer, and in fact I'm 90% of the way there, except for an in dash monitor and some decent front end software it's built and working.

The idea is basically to provide GPS/MP3/DVD connecting to the standard head unit.

Looking at all the retro fits of Command 2.0 systems into other peoples MB's I decided to explore that option as well. I read most of the posts about Command before I sent mine, but just wanted clarification before I made a purchase.

I'm not averse to fitting it myself, although the weather is getting a bit colder and I hate working on cars in the cold. Can I buy a complete system for me to fit from the guy in NL. That would save some money and give me a learning experience.

Cheers

Craig

(My website is down, so none of my pics are showing up - complaint into my ISP :rolleyes: ).

Hi Craig

I decided to go for an MP3 player, instead of a cd changer. I am waiting for TNT to finally deliver an iPod which will be connected to the aux-in of the Comand. GPS you will already have; DVD is a little complicated as you need either an MB TV tuner (which also provides inputs that you can hook up a DVD player to) or a Megacomm adapter (which just provides the inputs). In both cases, you still need a DVD player.

My long-term plan is to have a PS2 as the DVD player (and games console!) hooked up to the Megacomm adapter (TV doesn't really bother me).

Steve_bcs on this forum has done this to his E (which is for sale)and M-class and it does look very tasty.

Steve (MBenzNL) can certainly send you a comand for you to fit; send him an email for price and availability. Very easy to do, but if you are unsure about it, you could wait until he is back over here. If you need a demo, as Shude says, one (or both!) of us could meet up with you. Possibly even get Steve_bcs :)

edit: website now fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom