Comand & iphone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Colin_b

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250CDI (C320CDI & SLK350, Sold) & the Trusty Citigo
I've just ordered a new C class with comand and media interface.

Will it talk to an iphone properly, or do I need to order the telephone pre wiring with hands free as well?

My existing C has command, but wont read contacts or the like, but works fine via bluetooth.

Did you not ask the dealer before ordering ? Seems a bit retrospective

Did you not ask the dealer before ordering ? Seems a bit retrospective

No, I assumed (rightly or wrongly, that a 5 year newer Comand might understand bluetooth/iphone better). Just checking before the build spec is finalised.

No you don't need pre-wiring it will work just fine with media interface. Media interface controls the iPod part of your phone; bluetooth the phone part. I.e. contacts and call lists. If you are on iOS6 you also get reading of SMS. The only thing iPhone can't do (and its well covered in various posts) is connect to Comand Online.

No you don't need pre-wiring it will work just fine with media interface. Media interface controls the iPod part of your phone; bluetooth the phone part. I.e. contacts and call lists. If you are on iOS6 you also get reading of SMS. The only thing iPhone can't do (and its well covered in various posts) is connect to Comand Online.

Brilliant, appreciate the answer:) Thanks.

Is it confirmed that iPhone 5 does not work with Command online... i know there were issues with Iphone 4... ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom