COMAND losing Sat's after retrofit (w208)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aka$h

MB Enthusiast
Car
Anything with a 3 Pointed Star!
I retrofitted a COMAND 2.0 to a w208 clk recently and only breifly tested the system worked. When trying to use navigation the unit will work fine initially, but a few minutes into the journey it will say "your location is not on a digitised road" and sats read as 0.

Ive tried relocating the antenna, but that hasnt helped. Ive ordered another antenna just to be sure it isnt that.

Anyone know what my next step should be if the antenna doesnt fix it?

I retrofitted a COMAND 2.0 to a w208 clk recently and only breifly tested the system worked. When trying to use navigation the unit will work fine initially, but a few minutes into the journey it will say "your location is not on a digitised road" and sats read as 0.

Ive tried relocating the antenna, but that hasnt helped. Ive ordered another antenna just to be sure it isnt that.

Anyone know what my next step should be if the antenna doesnt fix it?

There is a small navigation piggy back board inside the comand. Just occasionally ive seen these fail. Definately look at the antenna first though.

There is a small navigation piggy back board inside the comand. Just occasionally ive seen these fail. Definately look at the antenna first though.

Is that the 1"x2" board under the cd drive? If so, can they be repaired?

Cheers
Simal

Is that the 1"x2" board under the cd drive? If so, can they be repaired?

Cheers
Simal

Yep thats the one.

I have only ever replaced them rather than repair. I recently got rid of pretty much all my comand 2 spares except a couple of fascias so I dont have one im afraid. Otherwise it would be yours.

I'll double check there isnt anything at home tonight. However, ive just moved house so finding the odd parts I have wont be easy!

Can they be bought from anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom