Comand + Maps Update!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bahjat

Car
S-Class S400 Hybrid 3.5 2016
Hi

I have just purchased S-Class S400 Hybrid 2016 and not sure where to find my car firmware version!
when trying to connect to Mercedes Apps the comand fails to connect, I am not sure if the internet is connected via sim placed on the car or whether i have to use my phone as a Hotspot to connect the car to internet!

I need help here!

Thanks

a. The firmware can only be updated via MB STAR diagnostic computer, so you'll need to take the car to the dealer. The firmware itself is provided by MB free of charge, but the dealer will charge for the labour.

b. Your car will have a KOM Module with built-in Vodafone 3g simcard. But this is provided only for the Mercedes me online services, e.g. TomTom Live Traffic, remote locking/unlocking etc.

c. In order to provide Internet access for the COMAND Online unit, I.e. to use the Mercedes Apps installed in the car, Internet access will need to be provided via your mobile phone. You will need to enable Bluetooth Tethering on your phone.

d. In essence, there are four different Bluetooth connections for your phone: basic Bluetooth pairing for voice calls, streaming Bluetooth pairing for streaming music, Bluetooth Tethering for Internet Access, and Bluetooth pairing fir the Mercedes me 2020 app....

Hi

I have just purchased S-Class S400 Hybrid 2016 and not sure where to find my car firmware version!
when trying to connect to Mercedes Apps the comand fails to connect, I am not sure if the internet is connected via sim placed on the car or whether i have to use my phone as a Hotspot to connect the car to internet!

I need help here!

Thanks

I bought a E coupe last month and visited commandonline for a firmware and map update at a cost of £150 each.

While handing over the keys I asked to check for Android Auto compatibility which I had planned as a future upgrade. Before starting the work the guys checked and suggested I skip the MB maps and install the Android Auto update (includes Apple Carplay) at a cost of £400 which includes the firmware update.

I haven't noticed any difference after the firmware update, no extra options or settings were added. The firmware update also included an update to the amp for the HK audio, I didn't own the car enough to make a comparison of a before and after.

Being a long time Android and Google Maps user the Android Auto upgrade was worth it. For me, the Google Maps and directions are a lot clearer with free map updates and much better live traffic including speed camera notifications. The phone does need a wired connection but apps can be launched and controlled without needing to touch the phone, e.g. Spotify, Audible, Pocketcasts.

On short journeys when you don't want the hassle of plugging in your phone everything works just as it does now over bluetooth e.g., phone and BT media. I still use MB maps for short trips as I know the streets, where and when to expect traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom