COMAND Mercedes Me and Google maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rominhomer

Car
2017 GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus.
Hello all,
We have recently taken delivery of a new GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus and so far a pleased with it.
But i am having trouble with the COMAND Navigation system. We pull a caravan, and sometimes the route planned by the system is not suitable, and i used to be able to alter the route i had planned on Google maps and then send it to my car, or load it to a card and load it to the system. I have planned routes with Mercedes me Routes and loaded it to the car, but i can't see a way to alter the route planned with Mercedes me Routes as you can in Google Maps where you hold and drag to alter the route. Also i can't save a Google Maps route to a card and then load it to the car, it does not read the route. Also i can't load Personal POI's. It does not see the memory card. I have changed the files to gpx files but still no joy. Is what i am trying to do possible??
Thanks in advance,

David.

I can't help with regards to route changes with Mercedes Me Routes.... but just to add that it used to be possible to create a route with Google maps, then send it to the car - but this was a Google feature (nor Merc feature), and Google removed this feature from Google maps back in 2015

So as far as I am aware there is currently no obvious way of sending or copying a Google Maps route to COMAND.

(You can send destinations to the car using Here We Go - https://wego.here.com/ - but this won't help you because - again, as far as I know - you can't send complete routes, only individual destinations)

Hello all,
We have recently taken delivery of a new GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus and so far a pleased with it.
But i am having trouble with the COMAND Navigation system. We pull a caravan, and sometimes the route planned by the system is not suitable, and i used to be able to alter the route i had planned on Google maps and then send it to my car, or load it to a card and load it to the system. I have planned routes with Mercedes me Routes and loaded it to the car, but i can't see a way to alter the route planned with Mercedes me Routes as you can in Google Maps where you hold and drag to alter the route. Also i can't save a Google Maps route to a card and then load it to the car, it does not read the route. Also i can't load Personal POI's. It does not see the memory card. I have changed the files to gpx files but still no joy. Is what i am trying to do possible??
Thanks in advance,

David.

The latest version of COMAND in the E Class doesn't allow POI's so you can no longer get speed cameras on the sat nav - I am sure your new GLC will be the same - really frustrating as it worked really well previously.

A real pain compared to what you used to do via Google Maps, but you could either put in 'way points' to get the route you want or maybe look at the 'alternate routes' and see if COMAND has already considered it !

Congratulations. Like me you have bought a technologically advanced car that contains a sat-nav system with less functionality than I had on my first sat-nav in the deep and distant past. It's unbelievable. Assuming the Comand iis the same version as I have in my E-Class, I wonder how long it will be before you start to cringe when you're told to 'Turn slight-right' or 'slight-left'. Seems there are very few real left and right turns nowadays!

Congratulations. Like me you have bought a technologically advanced car that contains a sat-nav system with less functionality than I had on my first sat-nav in the deep and distant past. It's unbelievable. Assuming the Comand iis the same version as I have in my E-Class, I wonder how long it will be before you start to cringe when you're told to 'Turn slight-right' or 'slight-left'. Seems there are very few real left and right turns nowadays!
Something that gets mine in a bunch is 'prepare to turn left' on approach to a motorway junction or other large junction where I know I essentially need to go right... Really annoying if you don't actually know the junction, I've lost count of the times I've ended up in the wrong lane since getting this car.

Yes the "slight left/right turn" is a little odd! I know i won't get anywhere but i have contacted Mercedes to tell them how disappointed i am with the COMAND system,it made me feel better. Still we are pleased with the car overall,so far!

David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom