comand nav not picking up satellites

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can anyone tell me why the date on my command radio in my 2003 coupe keeps going back to 22/08/2000
cheers
wilfred

Can anyone tell me why the date on my command radio in my 2003 coupe keeps going back to 22/08/2000
cheers
wilfred

That'll probably be the build date of the software in the car. The software will have record of when the code was compiled and when it has no idea what the time is it knows that it'll be that time and date or later, but it can't be before.

That'll probably be the build date of the software in the car. The software will have record of when the code was compiled and when it has no idea what the time is it knows that it'll be that time and date or later, but it can't be before.
How do I fix this problem please
wilfreed

Is your car battery old or quite flat? If your clock is getting reset the most likely cause is a failing or flat battery and when you start the car the voltage dips so low the radio loses power and resets. The fix would be first to try charging the car battery and if that doesn't fix it get the car battery tested.

Alfie.

thanks for all your help and suggestions, i will try a reset with and without new aerial next. is it better to pull the fuse from the back of the comand or from the fuse box?

if I lived nearer to you I would be round in a shot.

The easiest way to be certain of a reset is to remove the earth lead from the battery for a few seconds.

Is your car battery old or quite flat? If your clock is getting reset the most likely cause is a failing or flat battery and when you start the car the voltage dips so low the radio loses power and resets. The fix would be first to try charging the car battery and if that doesn't fix it get the car battery tested.
The battery is brand new and fully charged I have set the time but date will not set no matter how many times I try
cheers
wilfred

Why worry about the date as long as it keeps the correct time. Is it that you go so fast - nearly wharp drive?

just an update on the ongoing saga and a thanks to everyone especially Alfie. i bought a mercedes gps aerial, that was like a small bar of chocolate in size, and tried that. the comand unit sensed the new aerial. picked up several satellittes and the time details. so far so good. i stuck the aerial under the dash above the comand screen (there is not a lot of room to get a hand in there!!!!) time will tell if this is a permamnent fix (i dont see why it shouldnt be) so once again thanks to all. now all i have to do is get the maps upgraded to the latest version. as the car is a 63 plate and the map version says 14 i wonder if my local merc dealer will do it for free as it appears they havent done any of the free ones to date.

. now all i have to do is get the maps upgraded to the latest version. as the car is a 63 plate and the map version says 14 i wonder if my local merc dealer will do it for free as it appears they havent done any of the free ones to date.

Good luck with that. I bought my 64 plate taxi last Sept and the map is still V14.0 and needs updating.
Why on earth didn't the previous owner insist the dealer updated the map when its free for 3 years?
MB should do it automatically, not wait for the unsuspecting owner to ask.
Let me know if your dealer obliges with a free update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom