Comand NGT1 bluetooth music streaming

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benlucas

SUPPORTER
Car
S211 E55 Brilliant Silver Metallic
My S211 has the glovebox 30-pin iPod connector which works well with an iPod although I wanted to stream music from my (Android) phone and to listen to internet radio. Not keen on being tied to iTunes either..

Looked into the pros & cons of the various options e.g. changing the head unit, swapping the iPod connector for the 3.5mm aux lead, dedicated DAB solutions (Pure 400 etc.), comprehensive connectivity upgrades (Dension Gateway), cheap bluetooth receivers and finally decided on the Bovee 1000 Wireless Bluetooth Music Interface Adapter.

I didn't want to start cutting into the car's wiring and/or having to dismantle the dash etc. and was looking for a 'fit and forget' solution that didn't require manual turning on/off or charging.

£95 posted - plugs into the 30-pin iPod cable, then once paired it connects/disconnects seamlessly once the ignition is activated. Whilst it doesn't display song info. in the dash as an Apple product would, the steering wheel track up/down buttons still work and the phone's screen displays all the information I need.

Also bought a CD-slot magnetic phone mount which has a small footprint and a strong magnet. Shortcuts added to phone screen for radio stations. Also integrates well with the car's original Bluetooth phone connectivity. Very pleased & thoroughly recommended :thumb:

bovee.jpgbovee2.jpgmpow.jpgmpow2.jpgmpow3.jpgbracket1.jpgbracket2.jpgbracket3.jpgbracket4.jpgbracket5.jpgbracket6.jpg

Last edited:
Viseeo used to make similar item as the Bovee unit, but it showed the track names when used with the oem iPod kit.

nice n easy setup if you have the iPod kit already there.

for those that don't have the iPod kit, the Alpine EZI-DAB units are very good and the latest are very easy to install.

Update: CD-slot holder wobbles too much for my liking - unfortunate design flaw. It also obscures some of the climate control buttons and part of the audio/nav display screen which I found irritating so have returned it.

Replaced with a Brodit ProClip Angled ConsoleMount (633042) that is a) designed for the car and b) rock solid. FYI, Brodit sell an additional 3 types of mount for the W/S211, giving various location options. Whilst they also sell bespoke phone holders that attach to the ProClip, they don't make one for Xiaomi phones (mine), but I purchased a magnetic ring that simply sticks on the ProClip. The thin magnetic strip from the old holder (mounted behind the case) works fine.

Installation of the ProClip takes literally seconds - push the top edge (tapered at the end) between the left side of the console and the wood veneer section, then clip the bottom underneath. No adhesive pads etc. required and it genuinely does not move.

Managed to get the ProClip brand new from eBay for less than the RRP :)

Perfect!Brodit9.jpgBrodit8.jpgBrodit7.jpgBrodit5.jpgBrodit4.jpgBrodit3.jpgBrodit2.jpgBrodit1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom