comand ngt2 in 2007 rclass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bereavement

Car
ML320
Hello all,

Any super techies on the comand stuff around here? I have seen a few threads but not sure they answer my queries.

I have just bought an R320 sport and I 'think' it has the NGT2 comand unit fitted. There is a 6 cd changer in the glove box and what i believe looks to be an aux socket in the side of the glove box. Oh, and I think in the top section of the arm rest is the phone socket thingy.

My question is... How can I get this to work with my iPhone 5c? there seems to be bluetooth but when i 'pair' them it can't seem to access either the phone aspect or the songs???

Any ideas how I can get both the phone and media aspect working?

Cheers for you help.

Dave

Not familitary with NTG2, but on a general note if you have COMAND NTG2 with Bluetooth then you should be able to pair the phone for making and receiving calls, but for the music side of things I think you will need iPod Connector / UMI kit etc, i.e. the music side will require a physical connection and will not work over Bluetooth.

Either way I am confident that forum members Richard and Alfie from www.comandonline.co.uk will know the answer and will be able to offer any upgrade that may be required.

cheers for that.. I will have a gander at their site in the meantime!

Strangely their website is currently down... hopefully it will be up and running again soon.

typical. i'll try again tomorrow.

Website is back up and running.

Ran out of disk space in the root filesystem :crazy:
sorted now.

The built in bluetooth on the NTG2 headunit wont ever work with any phone. You need a bluetooth adapter for the UHI contact plate in the centre armrest. This one below is ideal;

Viseeo MB-4 Bluetooth interface for UHI & MHI equipped cars. | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd

Sorry to slightly thread hijack but what is the point of the built in Bluetooth - mine can see my phone but never pairs. Was it meant for transferring phonebook entries or somthing?

Sorry to slightly thread hijack but what is the point of the built in Bluetooth - mine can see my phone but never pairs. Was it meant for transferring phonebook entries or somthing?

On mine previous NTG2, my phone(s) paired with COMAND but you really couldn't do anything useful (like calling). It's like Alfie says, you have to have an Bluetooth adapter or have a old SonyEricsson/NOKIA phone or similar with the appropriate cradle (then you can have a permanent phone under the armrest in the car with a twin SIM card for example (obviously having two different phonebooks etc.)).

no response from comandonline... anyone know of any other dealers on this kind of stuff?

Cheers.

that would be tooooooo easy.... Mental at work (in a good way) and so only really get to around now 11pm to deal with my 'wants' and 'needs'. Interestingly found another couple of suppliers that I have emailed and will see what they say tomorrow.

Cheers for now.

no response from comandonline... anyone know of any other dealers on this kind of stuff?

Cheers.

You didn't get a reply because we didn't get your email.

I read all the incoming emails and reply to every enquiry. Can you resend it please?

I did reply to an earlier thread here;

'The built in bluetooth on the NTG2 headunit wont ever work with any phone. You need a bluetooth adapter for the UHI contact plate in the centre armrest. This one below is ideal;

Viseeo MB-4 Bluetooth interface for UHI & MHI equipped cars. | Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd '

The built in Bluetooth on some early headunits was designed for a privacy headset.

Last edited:
Hi, Sorry about that... not sure what happened so I did just re send.

Given what you said it sounds very much like i do need the adapter. Does it work with the iPhone 5c? and easy enough to fit?

Cheers

Dave

Yes works with iPhone 5/5c and yes, it just plugs in and you press a button on it, search for bluetooth devices on the phone and pair.

Cheers

Richard

Have you had a play yet?

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom