Comand nicked in Woking yesterday

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
It seems the comand thieves are out and about in Woking. One of my business partners had his Comand ripped out of his W203 yesterday whilst in Woking train station car park. So beware if you are around here.......

Made a nasty mess of the interior.:(

My bet it was the chavs seen tearing around the town yesterday in their white Micra!:devil:

Bad news Alfie.:devil:

But what use is it to them, it definitely won't fit their Micra, is model specific and not easy to sell on surely?:confused:

Bad news Alfie.:devil:

But what use is it to them, it definitely won't fit their Micra, is model specific and not easy to sell on surely?:confused:

We suspect it was nicked to order or to fund a habit. No doubt it will pop up on ebay. We will spot it as it has an identifying mark on it;) When it does appear we will act;)

That's bad. I always suspected that the prominent CCTV masts in that car park had little deterrent effect.

I had a radio ripped out of an old E class in Leeds once...... expect they got £50 in a pub for it..I had to get a new window, new radio , repair to bodywork where they had jammed a screwdriver in....no idea of total cost as it was an insurance claim via company.....

For sale: W203 comand unit. Good condition apart from minor mark on it. £50. Collection only from Woking. :D

Seriously, sorry to hear about this.... when i had Comand in my CLK i intetionally didnt install the locking key stuff so theives could pull it out easily. They are going to get it out anyway so may aswell save your dash trim!

Alfie, got a dead Comand we can use? I feel the careful placement of a pyrotechnic charge may be in order :D

This has to be rare occurence surely....

Total quote to put the car right...£4,500:eek:

Unfortunately, this is not a rare occurance and happens all over Europe too.

My boss's ML420 Cdi had his Comand ripped out outside a collegues house in Berlin. Week after, same thing happened to a third collegues ML320 Cdi.... :mad:

They were NOT happy.

A 2nd and better (supposed to be) alarm systems have been installed on both cars.

This is Sad,

I know I've seen lots for sale from weired foreign places.

I've also aksed questions on a few UK ones and the replys are very vague as it they have no idea...

No doubt it will be on e-bay soon £4500 to fix and they will get around £300-£400 for it?

Would this mean that say in an older CLK or C class its almost going to wite the car off??

Makes sense now..seen many saying lithuania..just seemed odd why comands coming from there..would be great when comand is intalled, it request a chasis designation password for STAR coding from mercedes to the new Comand unit..if installed in another car, it wont work untill password is entered by mercedes themselves..

It is worrying..

This is Sad,

I know I've seen lots for sale from weired foreign places.

I've also aksed questions on a few UK ones and the replys are very vague as it they have no idea...

No doubt it will be on e-bay soon £4500 to fix and they will get around £300-£400 for it?

Would this mean that say in an older CLK or C class its almost going to wite the car off??

List price for the comand unit is £2,800:eek:

We could replace the comand easily and much much cheaper but its all the trim thats been wrecked:(

List price for the comand unit is £2,800:eek:

We could replace the comand easily and much much cheaper but its all the trim thats been wrecked:(

are the newer styule ones held in with keys still or is the trim holding them in more complex?

i doubt it would be written off as its audio/visual - most policies tend to have a max replacement price on audio/visual stuff - does this include comand if its fitted as standard?

It seems the comand thieves are out and about in Woking. One of my business partners had his Comand ripped out of his W203 yesterday whilst in Woking train station car park. So beware if you are around here.......

Made a nasty mess of the interior.:(

My bet it was the chavs seen tearing around the town yesterday in their white Micra!:devil:

Pass on my condolences, I know how he feels. I had my comand stolen from my W203 back in 2005, it was parked at Heathrow airport. The interior was a mess, they took the cd changer too, caused about £3k damage all in. plus the insurance company took two years no claims.

are the newer styule ones held in with keys still or is the trim holding them in more complex?

i doubt it would be written off as its audio/visual - most policies tend to have a max replacement price on audio/visual stuff - does this include comand if its fitted as standard?

They are screwed in with four screws. To get it out properly, requires the centre trim removed from above and below. The lowlifes simply levered the parts out with a screwdriver :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom