Comand Nokia Car Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mapleleaf

MB Enthusiast
Car
2022 GLC 300 estate- replaced 2018 Gle 43 AMG Night - replaced previous 2015 E63 AMG
Hi

Just received my new comand Car Kit from Megacomm.

Some parts are MB oem but they dont give part numbers in their catalogue as they are probably cheaper here.

This is a new style phone holder with a nice silver bit of trim at the bottom.

I am wiring into my E class W210 and ordered the loom also as part of the KIt.

part numbers are - Holder: A 209 820 06 51
wiring loom : A 210 440 2208

I had already bought the Interface for the 6310i from MB dealer.

Other bits are a phone holder mounting bracket , a microphone, and a microhone connecting lead

does anyone know how to wire into the E class. the loom is 5 mts so I presume the interface goes in the boot. I am on teh orange network - I think I may also need a DC resistor (but dont know why or what it does) and a compensator

some pics:
phone1.jpg
phone2.jpg
phone3.jpg
phone4.jpg

Last edited:
looks good , ive just fitted a cark 91 into my car ... What a banana of a job that was with the OEM phone console.

THis is not helping you steve , but , can i get a close up on the plugs on the end of the phone cradle.

Edited for content by Shude

Here are some more pics,

The wires that I need some help with are circled, 1 2 & 3.

There is also a brown earth not show but I can figure that one !

1 - red wire has a large spade connector similar to that on the 2 wires in the fuse block. Red suggests a power feed but which one?? Perm 12v ??

2 - blue ??? telephone mute on comand ISO plug A??

3 - pink connects via fuse I presume in the fuse block to the wire that runs back to the interface/controller plug. I imagine this connects to a positive feed - but which one?? ignition switched 12v ???

any help much appreciated.

phone5.jpg

phone6.jpg

phone7.jpg

:)

OK the red defo goes into your fusebox. MB has reserved a spot for each additional option and you should be able to see what one yours plugs into from the diagram underneath the lid. I would imagine its switched but it dont matter once you know what number it goes into on th efuse box.

The Blue would need to be soldered into the command iso plug, you could but the contact pin and take out the one from the original iso plug from th eback of the command/stereo and crimp it into the new contact pin along with the blue wire and push it back home into the iso plug.

Pink no idea!

cheers Koolvin

So I guess the blue is def to the tel mute then??

If so I would probably just solder it on to the tail wire left in the ISO from my prev phone kit.

Anyone else help with the pink one??

:)

Ive started using Scotch locks instead of soldering .. they are wonderful.

You can get 25 from halfords for £3.49. just crimp them onto the existing cable.

Scotch locs are ok to a degree but ask any pro car audio installer and they will tell you they always solder & use heatshrink insulaton where they can. .. so I heard anyway .
It is a more secure joint.

: )

In a previous life, I worked for a pro audio installer (Autosound on Chester Road, for you Mancs :D ) and Scotchloks were verboten . "Chocolate blocks" were unacceptable too (unless you really, really were in a hurry ;), but where possible, soldering was advisable. I don't remember heatshrink (it was nearly 20 years ago!), but we did use plenty of electrical tape.

Cheers

Andrew

Originally posted by fuzzer
Ive started using Scotch locks instead of soldering .. they are wonderful.

Please don't swear on these forums again.

whats so bad about them ?

Originally posted by fuzzer
whats so bad about them ?

I too have and would use them, but have also had an audio fitters tell me they stopped using them.

If its any help , this is how the nokia kit goes.

Red : perm 12v feed
Blue: Ign Sense
Yellow: Telephone mute

Since it looks like you have these colours , it might be the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom