COMAND not accurate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maxc666

Car
'03 W211 E320CDI Estate
I recently installed a COMAND 2.0 system in my wife's car and all seemed OK - until I drove it today. When parked at home the map is off by 800m and when moving, it updates very infrequently (1 - 4 minutes), so is way behind your position. I remember seeing the correct location of my home when I installed it, but never drove with the unit on before. It shows 6-7 satellites and all the wiring to the CAN bus works (though have done nothing special on the speed pulse - I assume this is already integral within the bus). The car is a 2001 CLK 320 cab and I'm using an Alpine GPS aerial located central on the dash at the base of the screen.

All the other functions are fine and it controls from the wheel. The calibration is set for the right tyres and I have reset the unit (Mute with buttons 1 & 2 in radio mode).

Any ideas on this?
Could there be some metallic shielding in the screen (though I would have thought the number of satellites seen would be lower), or could I have a faulty aerial?

max.

needs a speed pulse, somehwere in the footwell, do a serach for spped pulse and you will find a post with all the info.

there is a speed pulse n can but it also needs an external one.

hope that helps

kenny

Thanks Kenny,

The install instructions I used did not cover this additional wire. I've located the wire and will do the work this weekend.

max.

MEGACOMM! said:
All COMAND 2.0 for 163/208/210 and 463 need an analog speed input to the unit, otherwise the route calculation always tells you "You are not on a digitized road".

The signal must be connected to the C2 plug (18 pin) pin 6 on the 208/210 units an to pin 1 of the normal ISO plug A on the 163/463 models.

Regards,

Mike

http://www.megacomm.net
http://www.navsolution.de
http://www.comandaps.de

Mike, just thought I'd say - excellent information website you have - would be even better if it were in English too!! :p

Andy

Yes! - Kenny is right. Connecting the speed signal will solve your problem.

By the way! - For those of you looking to install a command 2.0 in a W210 I plan to upload a detailed installation procedure for the W210 to this wonderful webside soon. - Just need to complete it with some additional pictures etc.

BR
Starfinder

starfinder said:
Yes! - Kenny is right. Connecting the speed signal will solve your problem.

By the way! - For those of you looking to install a command 2.0 in a W210 I plan to upload a detailed installation procedure for the W210 to this wonderful webside soon. - Just need to complete it with some additional pictures etc.

BR
Starfinder

We look forward to that mate - Well done. :rock:

Start a new thread and we possibly could change it into a How-To, if you follow previous format. ;)

I finally got round to running the speed pulse wire today, taking it from the green/violet wire on the 8-way blue connector in the left sill. It works properly now, once I did a reset. Thanks for all the help to get this fixed.

max.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom