COMAND NTG 4.5 REC showing on display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjl

Car
2014 W212 E350 AMG Sport Bluetec Saloon BMW F800GT Suzuki Burgman 650 Executive
I have a 2014 E class which I think has the NTG 4.5 Comand as it takes an SD card. I have had the car nearly a year and suddenly at the bottom of the display in the middle there is a red dot and the letters REC in red also. I have checked the manual and cannot find any reference to it and played with the control knob to try and get rid of the message but without success. Does this mean the route is being recorded. If anybody can shed any light on the matter I would be grateful.

It's actually recording everything you say while you're driving... :D

Seriously, it would appear that you have entered the Route Recording mode. According to the manual:

Recording the route

General notes

When recording the route, bear in mind the following:
• If the SD memory card is inserted, it must not be removed during recording.

• if route recording is started manually, it must be finished manually before the multimedia system is switched off.

• The multimedia system minimises the number of route points recorded. Therefore when the recorded route is subsequently commenced, it may differ from the route that was originally recorded.

Starting/finishing route recording

Insert the SD memory card more.

To switch to navigation mode: press the button.

To show the menu: slide the controller.

To select Destination : turn and press the controller.

Select From memory card .

Select Start route recording .

The route is recorded and REC appears at the bottom edge of the screen.

To stop recording, select End route recording from the menu.

The route is stored under Personal routes .

Thanks for that Phil. I have managed to stop the route recording but at the moment cannot find where the recording is stored. But as I am in Spain at the moment and start for home tomorrow I will look again when I get home.
I am not sure how it got turned on as I cannot remember doing it as I never new that feature existed. I had the car serviced over here and think it may have got turned on then by mistake.
I am intrigued that you quoted from the manual as when I looked I could not find anything in the basic manual you now get or the more detailed information you get from the disc loaded onto comand

I found it in the online manual. It's in the section about Personal POIs and Routes. HTH?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom