COMAND (NTG1) Bluetooth & Android

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
I have this fitted in my TEL cradle:

BeltQFwB2kKGrHqIH-C4Ere9thJVUBK92BH.jpg

Recently, I got a Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray (an Android phone).

I can't get the phone to pair with COMAND.

COMAND finds the phone, but the phone does not receive COMAND's pairing request (the one with 16 digits).

I can't initiate pairing from the phone because COMAND does not receive the phone's request.

There is no menu selection on the Xperia Ray phone for "remote control" (I think that's what it's called) by another device, like there was in my old Nokia 5800 Music Express (died after I drowned it). Might this be what is causing the problem?

Or is it technology incompatibility?

Am I doomed or is there anything I can do?

Last edited:
does that mean any other non SAP bluetooth cradle will work?

Most likely - you need the HFP one.

I bought the latest MB HFP cradle, this one:

HFP2.jpg

Paired very easily with the Xperia Ray. Can make and receive phone calls no problem.

Phonebook, call lists not available though :(

Tried the Xperia Ray with the Bluetooth functionality on a new showroom CLS and C class coupe ..

Same as with my CLS and the HFP cradle.

Moral of the story?

Don't buy a Sony Ericssion Xperia Ray if you want full hand free phone functionality in your MB!

Have you got your contacts on the sim or phone? Also you could just use another phone like a Nokia or any other phone listed as compatible for phonebook download on the link below to transfer the contacts to Comand then put the sim back in the Sony.

http://www.comandonline.co.uk/Mercedes-Bluetooth-HFP-Cradle.html

The latest HFP supports Bluetooth PBAB and from a quick google Sony Xperia Ray has PBAB.

Last edited:
Have you got your contacts on the sim or phone? Also you could just use another phone like a Nokia or any other phone listed as compatible for phonebook download on the link below to transfer the contacts to Comand then put the sim back in the Sony.

Comand Online Ltd :: Mercedes Phone/Bluetooth :: Mercedes New Bluetooth HFP Cradle

The latest HFP supports Bluetooth PBAB and from a quick google Sony Xperia Ray has PBAB.

contacts on phone.

will try the Nokia/compatible route download route. thanks.

I have a HTC Desire HD Android phone and Viseeo bluetooth on my NGT1 Comand. All seems to work fine, including phonebook. Mel.

tried again ..

turns out I needed to respond to a "PEAP" request for access to my phonebook on the Xperia .. access granted.

phonebook and call lists all loaded.

It WORKS!

So MB HFP works with Xperia Ray :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom