Comand NTG1 (S211 fitment) CAD files?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying banana

Car
‘18 AMG GTS Premium - Selenite Grey, '99 Lotus Elise S1 111s - Mustard Pearl
I am nursing a crazy idea to potentially completely re-engineer the multimedia/entertainment environment in E320, with a tablet main interface and a couple of backend Raspberry Pi's handling things like Bluetooth connectivity and media server duties.

One element will include mounting an android tablet in the space where the current Comand NTG1 is bolted. Does anyone know of either:

1) Someone selling a mounting bezel that allows the physical mounting of a suitable sized tablet (ideally including the possibility to undock it and remove from the car, but not critical).
2) 3D CAD files of the S211 fitment Comand NTG1 unit with the hard mounting points - something that I can play around with and possibly use to generate a 3d printed adapter?

I'll do it from scratch if necessary, just interested in making use of someone else's efforts if they exist.

Many thanks in advance.

buy a 'dead' ntg1?

theres loads of non genuine headunits on fleabay based on touchscreen computers from china.

If its just the mounting 'shell' you need then just buy a dead W211 Audio-20. They lock into the dashboard the same as the Comand unit does.

If you had asked about two weeks ago I could have let you have a dead NTg1 Comand! We binned it because all the parts were broken.

Alfie said:
If its just the mounting 'shell' you need then just buy a dead W211 Audio-20. They lock into the dashboard the same as the Comand unit does. If you had asked about two weeks ago I could have let you have a dead NTg1 Comand! We binned it because all the parts were broken.

I'll check in from time to time as I'm just up the road in Frimley Green :)

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom