COMAND NTG1 W211 - fitting USB/Bluetooth unit - Simple questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm just about to a Shenzhen Special USB/Bluetooth unit to the NTG1 on my '04 W211. I have a couple of simple questions that I can't find answers to.

Firstly, which is the permanent live feed to the back of the COMAND unit? I need to piggyback off a permanent live, and that would seem the logical wire to use.

Secondly, do I need to know the COMAND pin when I reconnect it, and if so, is there a way to find this out before I disconnect it?

Hi
When I wired my Dension I tapped into the power of the CD Changer, its the 3 pin one at the bottom right of the changer, theres no need to remove the Command head unit.
I used this Utube video as a guide, and as what you are fitting is similar to the Dension should be helpful to you
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NTG1 Comand has very few wires in the back of the display unit. live, earth and wakeup. Live and earth are obvious.

Thank you, both of you. I thought about a Dension dual MOST unit, but found the cheapo-cheapo Shenzhen Special, and as losing the CD changer but retaining a single CD/DVD drive will be fine, I decided to give it a go. If it doesn't work, I'll go for a Dension.

The COMAND head unit will need to come out so I can change the duff single CD/DVD drive, though (extra thank you to Comand Online, who told me about it separately earlier) and it makes sense to do both at the same time, so the security PIN question remains.

No pin required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom