Comand NTG2.5 engineer menu

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J0hn

Has anyone done a guide to what all the different numbers refer to when in engineering mode?
Thanks in advance.

I don't actually know.

All I can say is that the items marked with yellow arrows are those that changed as result of firmware and maps updates. All others were like that when the unit was installed and seem to be unaffected by updates.

24y45dv.jpg

That's Navi Database, HDD Contents (the first digit is the maps version, in this case v8.0), DVD Firmware, and CDDB (music track database).

Cheers

image-3268357974.jpg

I think from my screen shot that I am we'll out of date.
What does the music database do?
Do you know if I can jump straight to the latest firmware, if I buy the disc? Or do I have to do one upgrade at a time,
Thanks for your quick reply

The maps version on your COMAND seem to be the one that was factory fitted to the unit, so it seems it never had a maps update.

My understanding is that while the latest maps DVD (v2012 aka v8.0) can be ordered from www.comandonline.co.uk , a prerequisite is that the firmware is updated to the latest version (v1.800) before the maps upload from DVD can commence, and unfortunately the firmware update can only be done with STAR diagnostic i.e. not from CD or DVD - but comandonline can help with that two.

The firmware update also adds some features such as eco-route (best mpg), and radio fade during navigation announcements (instead of radio mute).

CDDB is a music database compiled by Gracenote:

http://www.gracenote.com/

It provides additional info such as album name, performer, etc when you play a music track.

Thanks again, I will look I to having the upgrade done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom