COMAND NTG4.5 Color Scheme

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Filipov

SUPPORTER
Car
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone has either done it or knows if it can be done. I have a 61 plate 2012MY E350 CDI with NTG4.5. It has the brown/black colour scheme, which I do not mind, but would prefer the newer one black/grey/red. I know these are two different versions in terms of GEN1 and GEN2, but is there a firmware update which may update the scheme for mine, or is it what it is and cannot be changed?
Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks

I thought this would be the case. No loss was just wondering if it is something I can change.

Thanks for your help.

Actually, it may be possible. The GEN1 and GEN2 software was merged into one release and a configuration item (not settable from engineering mode) was added to change it. So, it may be possible to do a firmware update and then tweak things ..

Richard

Hello Richard,

Yes i read somewhere that the firmware was combined, but my tweaking days are gone. Cannot be bothered with that on a car with a warranty etc. It was a simple option in the engineering menu when on the latest firmware I would have gone for it.
Otherwise I am happy as it is till it's time to upgrade the car in a few years time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom