Comand NTG4.5

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alzieboy

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E350CDI Coupe
I have just taken my E350cdi in for a Service at a Main Dealer, this was done on the service package I took out with the dealership.
I also requested and pre booked the map update at the same time Car was in for this Service.
On collection of the car I was informed that the map update was not carried out as my maps were the latest version.
On checking Comand on line website the latest Map for Ntg 4.5 is NTG 2019 2020 V18.0.
My Existing Map is NTG 2017 2018 V16.0 so IMHO my car has not got the latest maps installed .

I rang the dealership and queried the map update , as yet no reply.
As I was going to pay for the Map Update cannot fathom out why they did not carry it out.

The service Department was very busy the morning I took the car in, I’m wondering if they didn’t want to tie up a bay to carry out the update.

Last edited:
Some dealers are behind on the latest versions of maps. I took our W205 in for a service and asked them to do the latest maps. When I picked the car they hadn't been done. Still on 2018. They claimed 2018 was the latest. I told them it wasn't. the following day the car had 2019 on it. I did it myself in the end.

The dealers don't like doing updates to maps especially within the three year 'free' period as it ties up a bay that they generate zero revenue from whilst the update is in progress. The dealer nearest Lightwater charges £275 per hour plus VAT labour!

I have just taken my E350cdi in for a Service at a Main Dealer, this was done on the service package I took out with the dealership.
I also requested and pre booked the map update at the same time Car was in for this Service.
On collection of the car I was informed that the map update was not carried out as my maps were the latest version.
On checking Comand on line website the latest Map for Ntg 4.5 is NTG 2019 2020 V18.0.
My Existing Map is NTG 2017 2018 V16.0 so IMHO my car has not got the latest maps installed .

I rang the dealership and queried the map update , as yet no reply.
As I was going to pay for the Map Update cannot fathom out why they did not carry it out.

The service Department was very busy the morning I took the car in, I’m wondering if they didn’t want to tie up a bay to carry out the update.

I understand your frustration.

Alternatively you could purchase the maps update from www.comandonline.co.uk and carry-out the maps update yourself.

I have the same unit as you, Looking to get the firmware updated I understand the colour of the nav screen changes to red/grey, is yours the same?

Mine has never been updated and the nav screen background is yellow

Would you know what firmware you are on? As I want to make sure the latest firmware is put on

I think this can be determined by accessing engineering mode?

^^
I have never gone into the engineering mode, Read a couple of articles where the Comand system had been bricked through playing in there . :doh:

Last edited:
^^
I have never gone into the engineering mode, Read a couple of articles where the Comand system had been bricked through playing in there . :doh:

Treat it much like seeing a gorgeous person in the street when out with your wife. Look but don't touch ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom