COMAND NTG5*2 Media System Lockup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeeJayW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S205 C250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Couldn't think of another title. Just wondering if anyone else has had this experience...

We've just driven across to Leeds and on the way selected Media from COMAND which normally picks up a USB stick in Media Interface 1. Initially it showed that nothing was connected. It then failed to show any options for Media. The Radio and Nav functions were OK.

When we got to our destination and exiting the car, pressing the key fob failed to lock the car. Touching the door handle did lock the car, after which pressing the key fob worked fine.

Unlocked the car, got in, ignition on, get Mercedes splash screen on COMAND and hey presto! the system works again.

So for some reason it got its panties in a bunch. Not had any issues like this before during the two-years we've had the car. Hopefully it'll be fine going forward.

There have been a number of firmware updates for NTG5*2. If it is under warranty get your Mercedes dealer to update the firmware under warranty (tell him about this fault). Otherwise, if it annoys you / happens often you'll need to find an independent with Genuine online Star Diagnosis and the appropriate Telematics disks (or a RDS server) or go to a Mercedes dealer. I guess you are too far from us in Lightwater, Surrey as you are in the NW.

The lock button not working is strange though ... but that can happen with radio interference from nearby transmitters.

Cheers
Richard

^^Thanks for the input. It's still under warranty until July.

I should have also included the observation that neither key fob (the missus tried her's as well) would lock or unlock the car until after I locked it by touching the door handle. Then it seemed fine.

I've just been out in the car and all is working fine again. Hopefully it's not going to play up again, but if it does and in the next few weeks we will take it to the dealer.

Current details are:
IMG_0801.JPG IMG_0802.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom