Comand Online Destination rename

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

280merc

Car
CLK 280 W209 now W213
Does anyone know how you can rename a destination on the W213 Comand online system. If you save as a global favourite then you can rename but that clutters up the Favourites menu bar.
If you send the destination from your phone using ME it comes up as 'from the phone' or if you select a destination using the names etc there appears to be no way of renaming to something more easily recognised.
Even the most basic sat-nav system allows the user to rename destinations.

I have now worked out that the only way to rename a place for easy reference is to set it as a global destination i.e. a Favourite. Actually this can easily be done if you want to record a place where you are simply keep pressing the home key and after a minute or so it becomes a favourite and you can rename it as you wish.
Not the most intuitive of systems

You're right, there is no way to save then rename a destination except as a 'Favourite' and then you're limited to a maximum of 20 favoruites!
This version of Comand Online is VERY BAD! Even my first sat-nav many years ago had better functionality.

It's really disappointing that Mercedes haven't taken more care over the W213. It's got some brilliant features, but also some very poorly 'designed' features, and the latest Comand is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom