Comand Online + HTC Desire HD Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, call your network provider and ask them to enable tethering on your phone. I have the same phone and a customer asked me to demonstrate the comand online to him which obviously i could not do. After a quick call to ORANGE to enable the tethering it wourked perfectly. Iphone is still not compatable thanks to Steve jobs going all Hitler on everyones **** and telling people what they can and cant do with their phones. Hope this helps

Tried it with a Blackberry 8900 and was online in minutes! AFAIK all Blackberry's support DUN profile so all should work. the 8900 is a gprs model.so its a bit slow. i have a 9500 on charge so I'll try that later and grab some pics

Hi Mate can you tell me what settings you have under your provider as i can't get the 8900 to connect using Vodaphone. Under the settings it shows vodaphone settings and presents a number vodaphone arent sure about this as they say should only be user name and password

So your help would be welcome

For HTC Desire HD download BlueDUN from google Market (Play); it allows to connect the Mercedes Comand OnLine and it works with all latest Android phones.

Do you install the application onto your android phone ?

Yes, of course... you don't need to upgrade your comand online.

It is very simple, you can follow these steps:

1. turn off the bluetooth on the phone and turn on it again (close all previuos transmissions)
2. open the app (on the phone) and click the "Start Service" button; you should see now the "Stop Service" button label
3. remove the old pairing between the phone and the comand; create it again (I think you can use also the refresh function)
4. set any provider ... don't care about the provider parameters, the app doesn't need them because it doesn't dial any number but receives data from the mobile o wifi active connection
5. open the web page link or the main page in MB comand online

For HTC Desire HD download BlueDUN from google Market (Play); it allows to connect the Mercedes Comand OnLine and it works with all latest Android phones.

OK.....paid my £2.50, now to see if I can hook up my Galaxy S2 to the C350 Coupe. I'm not confident, but your steer is the best on the Internet right now, so thanks.

Here goes nothing.....................

I discovered that the COMAND system is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S2, on Mercedes World, I think. This is also true of the iPhone and, I therefore assume, a good number of other smart phones too. Seems older phones work better. I can't say I am that bothered as The Internet in the car seems to be, well, hardly an essential.

Officially they arent supported but with BlueDUN seen many reports that Android phones are connecting to Comand Online, obviosuly there may be some exceptions.

Mine works

I discovered that the COMAND system is not compatible with my Samsung Galaxy S2, on Mercedes World, I think. This is also true of the iPhone and, I therefore assume, a good number of other smart phones too. Seems older phones work better. I can't say I am that bothered as The Internet in the car seems to be, well, hardly an essential.

MrJennie, just to confirm that mine works no problem with BlueDUN and the HTC Sensation. Is your phone rooted? Just to re-iterate the point that the original poster made, you have to make sure you do everything in the right order.

1. Go to your telephone settings on the COMAND system and de-register the phone
2. Switch off the BlueTooth on your phone
3. Start the BlueDUN application (make sure you Start the Service too)
4. Switch on the BlueTooth on the phone
5. Go to the telephone settings on the COMAND system and pair the phone as you had done previously - I had to go through the External Authorisation
6. Set up the provider on the COMAND system (providers/find provider) and then find your service provider (Vodafone) in my case - apn is called 'internet'
7. Connect to the provider apn - make sure you have the username and password set
8. Connect to COMAND online

Job done.

Any issues drop me a pm - let me know how you get on.

Hi,

I have try the
Samsung Galaxy Note + BlueDUN 1.15
and the WIFI keep connection...

when COMAND keep
Configuring data connection...
the BlueDUN suddenly turn off?
before the COMAND: connection failed!

need helps
Thankls in advance

Ivan Hsu

Here is a short user guide: MB Comand OnLine and Android phones

BlueDUN - http://bluedunapp.blogspot.com

Attachments

• Failed.jpg
    Failed.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
MrJennie, just to confirm that mine works no problem with BlueDUN and the HTC Sensation. Is your phone rooted? Just to re-iterate the point that the original poster made, you have to make sure you do everything in the right order.

2. Switch off the BlueTooth on your phone
5. Go to the telephone settings on the COMAND system and pair the phone as you had done previously - I had to go through the External Authorisation
6. Set up the provider on the COMAND system (providers/find provider) and then find your service provider (Vodafone) in my case - apn is called 'internet'
7. Connect to the provider apn - make sure you have the username and password set
8. Connect to COMAND online

Job done.

Any issues drop me a pm - let me know how you get on.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I thought this would be useful for anyone struggling to get their device connected to the COMAND system.

I tried the above method multiple times and followed the instructions on the blueDUN website all with no success. What worked for me using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Vodafone UK was doing the following:

2. Switch off the Bluetooth on your phone
7. Connect to the provider apn - make sure you have the username and password set (you can find this on your network website, just google '<network name> APN settings' and you'll find it easily.
8. In COMAND settings set DNS1 to 8.8.8.8 and DNS2 to 8.8.4.4 (this is the bit that made everything work for me).
9. Ensure blueDUN service is still started and says ' Waiting for BT Client'
10. Connect to COMAND online.

The DNS settings made the difference for me, hope this helps for you too.

Are the dns settings unique to. Bluedun, mercedes apps or Vodafone?

iPhone 5 tethering now works.....

I took delivery of a C63 AMG exactly 1 year ago and then found out that the iPhone 5 wouldn't work with the internet and mercedes apps.

My friend has just took delivery of a new C class a few weeks ago and his works.

When you go into the internet settings my command wants you to pick a country then a phone provider. My friends has an auto configure option and picks up his personal hotspot on his and my iPhone 5 no problem.

I went to the Merc dealer in Manchester and asked them to update my command software but they haven't got a clue how to do it, didn't know about the issue and have sent off a tech request to Mercedes in Milton Keynes.

I demonstrated the functionality with my phone on a C63AMG in their showroom to the sales men who didn't know about the issue or indeed the resolution.

Does anybody know what needs to be done to get my software updated??

Both cars have the same comand unit (i think?) so my thinking is if the hardware is the same it should be possible to upgrade the software.

Any help much appreciated

Thats the end of that then.....

Spoke to the guys at comandonline.com who were a lot more useful than Mercedes to be honest!

It looks like I have an NTG4.5 generation 2 command unit and the latest models (that work with the iPhone) have a NTG4.5 (called NTG4.7 internally at Merc) generation 3 unit in.

I am told that the hardware is different and that the star diagnosis machine wouldn't allow the upgrade even if Mercedes offered it as the serial number would be detected as a gen 2 version and block it???

So I have to buy a blackberry phone, remove my sim from the iPhone every time I get in the car, just to use the pretty average Mercedes apps online....

What annoys me most is that the sales guys in the dealership aren't even aware of this and you buy a £60k car expecting it to work!

I think I will be going back to Audi after this experience, wish id bought the RS5 now!

:fail

Spoke to the guys at comandonline.com who were a lot more useful than Mercedes to be honest!

It looks like I have an NTG4.5 generation 2 command unit and the latest models (that work with the iPhone) have a NTG4.5 (called NTG4.7 internally at Merc) generation 3 unit in.

I am told that the hardware is different and that the star diagnosis machine wouldn't allow the upgrade even if Mercedes offered it as the serial number would be detected as a gen 2 version and block it???

So I have to buy a blackberry phone, remove my sim from the iPhone every time I get in the car, just to use the pretty average Mercedes apps online....

What annoys me most is that the sales guys in the dealership aren't even aware of this and you buy a £60k car expecting it to work!

I think I will be going back to Audi after this experience, wish id bought the RS5 now!

:fail

My home TV does not work well, should I complain MB? What did your Apple support say for the problem? Did you use some strong words explaining that other phones work in this car but this overpriced product of yours does not?

No excuse for the dealership lack of knowledge though, even if it would likely be the same at the Audi shop (talking about the average guy at each shop).

My home TV does not work well, should I complain MB? What did your Apple support say for the problem? Did you use some strong words explaining that other phones work in this car but this overpriced product of yours does not?

No excuse for the dealership lack of knowledge though, even if it would likely be the same at the Audi shop (talking about the average guy at each shop).
Did Mercedes make your home TV? If so I would complain to them. The iPhone has been around for longer than the C Class comand unit I am dealing with here so you would think they would have made it work when they (Mercedes) designed and tested it in the first place. Oh hang on a minute they have now made it work with the iPhone on the same model of car!!
I have the phone supplied by work so haven't got a clue what it costs, overpriced?? Wouldn’t know.
You are correct re the dealership guys, I've always experienced the sales guys to be useless re any technical issues, but this is the first time the service dept have been clueless too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom