Comand Online + HTC Desire HD Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When you've got your phone to work and you find it wasn't worth the effort try getting it to display album art for everything on an ipod. There's a challenge.

I have jumped thru all the hoops and finally got online in the car.

I am a little confused, it gives me a basic browser which is very hard to use with no mouse or keyboard.

I was hoping it would integrate with the nav system to augment the woeful POI data etc.

Earlier in this thread there are pictures of it doing similar things, have MB removed the useful stuff?

Hardly worth the effort is it, the whole internet experience on COMAND?

It took 15 mins to check email, so not for that anyway.

But I expected something like google local driven from the navi screen. That would make up for the desolation the built in POIs suggest.

Using android I can go into tripadvisor, find a local restaurant and push the address straight into waze and push the number into the phone app. Surely MB can manage something like that.

The whole screen should be touchscreen and android friendly, it isn't so it's little more than a disappointing gimmick.

Bringing this back to the top as I spent quite a while getting this to work today with my Android phone that is on EE - there seems to be a lot of E classes with Comand coming off lease to the second hand market at the moment so may be useful for others.

I installed the trial version of Bluedun and followed this blog

BlueDUN / BlueVPN: BlueDUN+: MB Comand OnLine and Android phones

It made the DUN connection but couldn't get any data. I thought it was something to do with the settings for the connection - but after reading up Bluedun doesn't use any other Comand settings other than the DNS servers

I finally got it to work by manually setting the DNS servers to the Google ones:

Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

Not sure how useful it will be.

It works better once you have bought the Bluedun app. I now need to find away to load Bluedun when the phone is connected to the car

[QUOTE=" I now need to find away to load Bluedun when the phone is connected to the car[/QUOTE]

Does the phone have NFC ? If so buy some NFC Tags off Ebay and program phone to load/run bluedun for one of the tags and have it where you put your phone in car

Does the phone have NFC ? If so buy some NFC Tags off Ebay and program phone to load/run bluedun for one of the tags and have it where you put your phone in car
Good idea. I have got it working at the moment using AutomateIt when the Bluetooth connects however I don't always want the connection so the NFC will work better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom