Comand Online NTG4.5 - C Class face lift - Current Navigation Map Data

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi!

I have bougth W204 MY12 (06.2011). What is now latest Map and firmware for NTG4.5? And is there when coming new map? There is 3 year free update for dealer so thats why I ask.. I have update card for comand so will dealer update also firmware for free?

Anyone know is there coming firmware so Comand online will work with Iphone5. .:confused:

Regards

Had my maps updated just over a month ago and they are now V8.0. Unfortunately the online features don't work with an iPhone, from what I understand only the new generation 3 NTG4.5 units will work which started appearing in MY14 cars from June this year.

Had my maps updated just over a month ago and they are now V8.0. Unfortunately the online features don't work with an iPhone, from what I understand only the new generation 3 NTG4.5 units will work which started appearing in MY14 cars from June this year.

Thank you for reply. I will reserve time to update. This sucks if they cant update firmaware to work with Iphone. I think I done my internet by this way:
Here is My Comand Online NTG4.5 with Android - MBWorld.org Forums

It wont cost much and it is much faster without Bluetooth. Im not sure is there posibility to add bluetooth in this miniandroid so also Comand online will work..

I registered to be notified of updates to comand mapping. Can't remember with who! but no notifications - yet this thread suggests updates recently. I have 2011 C Class 180. Anyone know if it can be updated? Also suggestions as to where I may have registered about 2 years ago please?

I registered to be notified of updates to comand mapping. Can't remember with who! but no notifications - yet this thread suggests updates recently. I have 2011 C Class 180. Anyone know if it can be updated? Also suggestions as to where I may have registered about 2 years ago please?

A 2011 car should still be covered by the three year free updates.

I would pop back into your local dealer and ask them to load up the latest version which is V11 for NTG4 and V8 for NTG 4.5. Both have been out about four weeks, dealer only copies at the moment. Not for retail.

I have had v8 for my w204 loaded, it seemed not to improve the SW at all, is there a way to work out if that is out of date?

All my CDs had been ejected so I think they just did the disc update.

I would pop back into your local dealer and ask them to load up the latest version which is V11 for NTG4 and V8 for NTG 4.5. Both have been out about four weeks, dealer only copies at the moment. Not for retail.
V8.0 for NTG 4.5 has been out longer than four weeks. Mine was updated to that version on 4th April - nearly six months ago!

V8.0 for NTG 4.5 has been out longer than four weeks. Mine was updated to that version on 4th April - nearly six months ago!

Yup. MB's 'telematics news' which announces new maps can be later than the date they distributed the disks to the dealers and made the PINS available. Clearly in this case, somewhat later, and they seem to have dropped some of this info from the monthly retail NAV flyer.

V9.0 for NTG4.5 is just about available (not sure when dealer got their disk, but I suspect with this months telematics/xentry release.

See my new FAQ at http://www.mercupgrades.com/Comand+APS+NTG4+5+FAQ-faq-15.html

Richard

I've just installed V9.0 (Europe 2013/2014) on my car and on the loan car I have at the moment.

So for those who must have the latest version, go visit your dealer.

PS, I also installed the latest NTG4.5 firmware on my NTG4.5 GEN2 (MY2013 W166 ML), (Telematics disks 09/2013) and it does *not* enable Bluetooth PAN like in the NTG4.7 (MY2014 NTG4.5) units, so no iPhone Comand Online yet.

I've added this info to my FAQ: http://www.mercupgrades.com/Comand+APS+NTG4+5+FAQ-faq-15.html#11

Richard

Does it [v9] make the satnav 'bong' for warning POIs?

Is there another version number for the FW as opposed to the maps?

Ta

Chris

Does it [v9] make the satnav 'bong' for warning POIs?

Is there another version number for the FW as opposed to the maps?

Ta

Chris

Map and firmware are different. The latest NTG4.5 firmware is 09/2013 (i.e released with this months Star Diagnosis). The last few Star Diagnosis releases have all had new NTG4.5 firmware.

Id expect any bonging to be in the firmware release rather than the map. But mine has not bonged. But then i have no imported POIs
R

This questition may have nothing to do with NTG4.5 Map data. But my car have Speedlimit assist option. It worked fine in German, Denmark and Sweden. But "not availible in this ****ry" country where I live is Finland. I really like that assist and now it works in W212 facelift here in finland so, is it possible that it is about from Comand map data or that W212 facelift Have NTG4.7?

If I go and force them to load v9, will that get a fw fix too.

The v8 stuff they put on is pretty pitiful, I take a Garmin along if I go on a trip.

The routing on the MB unit is pretty relaxed really, I like the way it gives up easily when I take a better route, but the data is poor so it can send you down dead ends.

The endless forgetting of custom POI data, patchy inbuilt POI data and hopeless TMC implementation are really irritating.

Such a shame, if it were done well it could have been excellent.

I've just installed V9.0 (Europe 2013/2014) on my car and on the loan car I have at the moment.

So for those who must have the latest version, go visit your dealer.

PS, I also installed the latest NTG4.5 firmware on my NTG4.5 GEN2 (MY2013 W166 ML), (Telematics disks 09/2013) and it does *not* enable Bluetooth PAN like in the NTG4.7 (MY2014 NTG4.5) units, so no iPhone Comand Online yet.

I've added this info to my FAQ: http://www.mercupgrades.com/Comand+APS+NTG4+5+FAQ-faq-15.html#11

Richard

Hi

I checked on my car, the Map installed is Europe V7.0 , so I went along to the Dealership where I purchased the car in NOV 2013 to ask about Map updates as I have the 3 year map updates, they informed me that any updates will be done on my first service date MARCH 2014 if I insist on having it done before then it would cost £90 !! , so I then asked why my car was sold to me in November 2013 when map updates for my car were available and were in fact not installed on the car, at this point the service agent fluffed about saying " you will not notice any difference anyway " which I replied apart from being £90 poorer. Think I will contact MB UK customer services . Have found a lot of very useful information on the Mercupgrades site . Thanks (Car E350 cdi Coupe March 2013 )

As a workaround for the lack of a mercedes 'bong' I have tried a couple of speed camera indicators, going for small units rather than something as big as a satnav.

I tried the spy (aka mrhandsfree - with the solar panel) - £36
-It was pretty poor at getting a signal (which I assume is why it failed to notice some cameras).
- If you leave a ave speed camera zone it does not realise and you have to power cycle it (that is what the support guy told me).
- It does not auto-start, so even if you have it powered all the time you have to start it each trip.

Now I am trying the inforad K2 - £30 (on offer right now, but I expect it often is :))
- Auto-starts with usb power!
- Can be incessantly noisy,
-- you need to configure it for shorter warnings
-- You can download 'silent' warnings for mobile camera areas
- Not sure how it handles ave speed zones yet, I think they might come under mobile zones so I have silenced them, yet to make sense of it really.
- Not fully convinced by the bidirectional data, depends, can Truvelos also do you from behind?.

Ne1 know any other small (pen drive style) detectors [Gouge fee free only)?

Hi,

I have Merc C200 Dec 2011 registered.

It shows [FONT=&quot]HU version as 11.23.00 which I believe is NTG4.5 and Maps as 2011 (V4.0)Europe.

Could you advice the cheapest way to update the Maps and if possible the firmware as well.

Dealer is asking alot here to update them to latest version.

Thanks in advance.

[/FONT]

Old post but any updates on this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom