Comand online: SD card & POI & Routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malbry

Looking for some help please.

Some recent versions of Comand have the option to load Personal POIs from SD card and also to load or save routes. For both POIs and routes, this functionality requires gpx files of the correct format to be copied to the SD card in specific folders (this is documented elsewhere).

However, this doesn't seem to work correctly in every case, and I'm trying to establish the overall picture. Specifically, what seems to happen is this:

Comand NTG 4.5 & 4.7: able to load and save POIs / routes

Comand NTG 5.x: a message 'Importing data (this may take several minutes)' is shown and this message remains until manually cancelled

Comand in new 2017 C-class with SD card slot in centre console box: able to load and save POIs / routes

Comand in new 2017 E-class: functionality has been complately removed (is not available in the Navigation menu)

I am particularly interested to find anyone who has a Comand with Maps version 5.x who has been able to successfully get past the 'Importing Data' message. To check your version go to Navigation > Options > Map Content > Map version. To see if you get the 'Importing Data' message, go to Navigation > Destination > Memory Card. If you try this out, please reply to this thread with your MB model and your maps version.

Thanks,
Malcolm

Last edited:
Answering my own post. It seems that the 2017 models with NTG 5.x require the ignition to be on, or car started, before importing POI or Route information. This is in contrast to earlier NTG 4.5 or 4.7 models which will import when Comand is switched on, even if ignition is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom