Comand phonebook transfer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palmball

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi R8 V10+ & BMW M5
If I remember correctly from last year, the SLS has an older type of Comand system which can't transfer read your phonebook directly via bluetooth.

At the time, there wasn't a cradle for my iPhone 4S so I got round this problem by buying a cradle for one of my old iPhones (3GS), uploaded my contacts to that old phone, paired the cradle to the car, then my phone to the cradle....eventually enabling me to upload my phonebook :crazy:. This solution meant I had to keep my phonebook updated on 2 phones which is less than ideal.

This time round and same problem - I now have an iPhone 5S and it appears theres no cradle which will enable the phonebook to be transferred to the car (there is a cradle available, but it only charges :wallbash:).

So, I've bought one of these:

Mercedes Benz HFP Bluetooth Mobile Cradle - Part B67876168

If I've read this right, this plugs into the car as a cradle would but, instead of you needing to plug the phone into it, my iPhone 5S will pair with this cradle by bluetooth, thus enabling my contacts to be uploaded to the car.

Have I got this right and have I bought the right product to do what I want to do?

Mercedes Benz HFP Bluetooth Mobile Cradle - Part B67876168

Yes - however that is an old part number, and we've had some customers report issues with it and the iPhone 5 - but not a lot (but we sell lots more Viseeo than Mercedes HFP).

Enjoy the SLS !

Richard

Thanks Richard - I just (shamefully) bought it off eBay so if it doesn't work I'll send it back and try another option. Is Viseeo a better product than Mercedes' own?

Any reason the iPhone 5 cradle doesn't do....well, anything useful? Are MB likely to release a more useful iPhone cradle that works with the new connectors?

Thanks Richard - I just (shamefully) bought it off eBay so if it doesn't work I'll send it back and try another option. Is Viseeo a better product than Mercedes' own?

Any reason the iPhone 5 cradle doesn't do....well, anything useful? Are MB likely to release a more useful iPhone cradle that works with the new connectors?

The Viseeo has a display to tell you what is happening, and is easily software upgradable. The Mercedes products are not.

The iPhone 5 cradle uses the bluetooth in the head unit. As almost all cars since 09 had bluetooth (and W204 was fixed early 2011 with introduction of NTG4.5) their new cradles for a while have been charge/antenna only - so I doubt we'll see a iPhone 5 cradle with Bluetooth ... I guess at the end of the day they want to give you reasons to buy a new car :)

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom