COMAND Services intervals - Time based?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottishv8owner, Sep 9, 2012.

1. scottishv8owner

scottishv8owner Member

Car:
    E63 AMG
    Its been a year since my last service, but COMAND says its still 4200 miles to go, so I'm wondering what is the concensus over ignoring the COMAND system and booking the car in based on the fact the last service was 12 months ago. It will probably take at least another 6 months before I do the extra 4200 miles

Thx

2. sinewave

sinewave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 520 M-Sport Touring, Kawasaki ZX10R KRT (AMG Eater!)
    An interim Oil change at the least every 12 months I'd say. :thumb:

Assuming you are referring to your E63, then I'd not be rushing other service items at AMG prices! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  3. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    It is not COMAND, although you do see the info on the instrument cluster display.

I believe your car is on a fixed schedule i.e. service every 12 months or xxx number of miles, whichever comes first.

The display is telling you how many miles you have left, but this is only applicable if you happen to exceed the xxx miles before the year is out, in which case you should get the car serviced.

If you do not exceed the service schedule mileage, then you should get it serviced every 12 months.

Earlier cars had flexible serving schedule, so you could end-up with around 18 months between services, but I believe this was changed to fixed servicing in 2007 and your car being E63 will not be a pre-2007 model - I don't think- so will be on fixed annual schedule.

1 person likes this.
  4. BTB 500

BTB 500 MB Club Veteran

Car:
    R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S203 C230
    Up to 2 years, with low mileage.

2 people like this.