COMAND SHOWS NO PHONE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

toolman1954

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2006 320 CDI Avantgarde . 1997 312d Sprinter
2003 211 E320 cdi Estate.

Hi,
Some weeks ago my phone stopped working with my Viseo 3000, and now the Comand screen shows "No phone". I have given up trying to sync the phone with the Viseo and tried an old 6310 in the cradle, it still shows "No phone" on the Comand screen. I have tried pulling fuses, 26 and 28 , in the dash side fuse box and fuse 6 in the rear SAM, with a view to rebooting the Comand system. But that did nothing.
Now I am assuming that there might be a fault in the Phone Control Module. The P C M is providing power up to the armrest as the Viseo works and the 6310 was charging.
So apart from disconnecting both batteries, is there any way of rebooting the Phone Control Module or testing it. Any idea of how to get to the PCM to pull out the wires, seems it is buried somewhere in the back of the wagon. Any ideas please. Thanks.

Steve,

Phone control module should be under the trunk floor panels (at the front part of the trunk).

Removing cables hardly helps if you have already pulled fuses. Usually when the phone control module dies, the MOST fibre ring dies too but you do not seem to have any audio etc. issues that a broken MOST ring would bring. You could try to check the wiring from the control module to the cradle connector.

Hi DB,
Thanks for your reply. You are of course correct about the MOST Ring being broken if the PCM goes down, but I have checked the wiring as best as I can. MBU 3000 and the Nokia phone were getting power, so at the moment just grasping at straws. I will clear out the back and try to lift the rear floor panel and see what lies beneath.

Steve.

Steve, before you do that, try pairing your phone with the Viseeo again.
You need to press the top button on the Viseeo down for at least 5 seconds for it to find your phone after making sure the bluetooth is turned on and the phone is discoverable.

Steve, before you do that, try pairing your phone with the Viseeo again.
You need to press the top button on the Viseeo down for at least 5 seconds for it to find your phone after making sure the bluetooth is turned on and the phone is discoverable.

Unpair your /phone as well before trying

Good luck!

Steve, before you do that, try pairing your phone with the Viseeo again

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion, but have done all that. In fact why it has taken so long to sort this is because I had lost my wee instruction book (which I have now found), so was able to confirm the steps needed to reboot and re pair the Viseo. The pairing seems to work fine as it keeps asking the phone for access. This is why I tried an old Nokia in the cradle, as I had hoped it would find this, but no joy with that. Still the Comand screen shows "no phone".
Why is it all these electrical problems are so complex???? However, it will not beat me.

Steve.

[QUOTE the Comand screen shows "no phone"......[/QUOTE]
I recently had to install a different Head Unit into my 2008 CLK.
It showed 'no phone' on the display, despite the previous HU working to recognise its existence.
Checking on STAR, the new HU was not programmed to recognise either phone or 6 disc CD changer.
A reprogram sorted this.
Any possibility that your HU has a glitch/wobbly which prevents it knowing the phone wiring/setup exists?
STAR would tell you.

CLK is different from a 2003 S211 with a COMAND head unit. The MOST configuration is at the AGW which is not part of the head unit. Even if the AGW had an incorrect target configuration for MOST devices, it should detect the current configuration, including the phone control unit as long as it is working well.

Well,
"Oh happy circumstance", after unloading the usual rubbish out of the back of the car, I found the centre panel that needed to come out. Lift it up 1/2" pull it forwards, and there were 3 modules underneath. The Nokia one obviously being the the Phone Control Module. I pulled out the connector, pushed it back in, checked the Comand screen, and it had changed from "no Phone " to "Insert Phone". After a few minutes, the Viseeo found my Samsung and the Address Book appeared on the Comand Screen.
Sorted....a very cheap repair, and the back of the car got cleaned out as well.
Thanks to all who have commented. I would mark this as solved if I knew how !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom