Comand stopped displaying text messages

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

terrymcg

Car
W164 ML 320CDI
As the title says, for some reason my comand has stopped displaying incoming or text messages that are already in the phone while docked in the cradle?!?!

Every other telephone function works fine, I can see the contacts, last dialed etc. But no messages in the inbox will display, and they used to.

I have tried two different 6233's in the cradle, both the same result.

Terry

Did this happen without any changes to your setup? The same phone (same SW) the same Comand SW?

I see this is a S40 phone which has more capabilities over the high end S60 models (I am using mostly S60 Nokia phones but as you can see, I don't get it why S60 needs to be crippled in many useful features over S40). One thing is the capability to use the SIM card for phone book and SMS messages simultaneously. I have no real knowledge on the MB implementation but perhaps it only reads SIM SMS messages and perhaps your SIM directory has become full and new messages get stored on the phone? Just a wild idea, you could try to play with your stored messages if it makes any difference.

I assume you can't read even a message that was received while the phone was docked? My BT SAP only reads those with a S60 phone, but all of these get properly through to Comand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom