Comand system change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Danslad

Car
V220 Marco Polo
Hi,
I recently bought a Mercedes V220 Marco Polo, 19 plate.After having the car for a couple of weeks I have to say I am a bit disappointed with MB. No DAB, no touchscreen, weak satnav, voice controls are for comedy YouTube, no electric chairs...
I have not seen the car, I had no time to shop around, I just assumed it will come with decent options. It feels MB downgrade this on purpose, made an effort to be bad, probably to desire more expensive options. In my case the car was already built as a pre-reg, so my question is if I can change my curent infotainment unit with more premium model from MB and still have all functions working?

Forum sponsors www.comandonline.co.uk will know what can be done.

They have upgraded the infotainment system on two cars for me and did an excellent job.

(And keep in mind that any upgrades will obviously void the manufacturer's warranty for the infotainment system).

Interesting, we've never had a MB dealer worry about any of our upgrades with respect to the warranty or service. Clearly 'retrofits' are done to factory spec / procedures so no argument, but even with aftermarkets amps etc they are still happy. Of course there are likely to be almost no cases of problems in anycase as in reality the cars are very reliable in the warranty period :)

And although it may sound weird, when we install genuine Mercedes parts, the parts warranty for any failures the dealers have to do the warranty claim (and get paid labour by Mercedes), so we work with the dealer and provide the original parts receipt and all is fine. Happens so so rarely though. Twice I can think of. Which is why we use genuine parts !!!

Richard

Hi Richard, please can you provide a link to a product suitable to my needs with all technical info? Price.

Dan,

Can you PM me a VIN number (or email to [email protected] to Mark) and let him know what you want. The easy upgrade is to add a CarPlay/Android auto module that way you can stream all your music / internet radio etc, and have Waze navigation etc

The more difficult upgrade is to go to COMAND (the big nav system) add factory DAB etc - none of it is touchscreen. Other upgrades can be done too. We had one in this week (Marco Polo) that we added subwoofer, new front/rear speakers, amplifier, and car-play system to.
But as all specs are slightly different we need a VIN Number !!

Its all a pain to fit on the Marco Polo / W447 though, things like taking the touchpad out (well, putting it back in) is a contortionists job !

Cheers
Richard

This is my vin, I don't know how to do a private message

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200325_213451.jpg
    Screenshot_20200325_213451.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 8
Interesting, we've never had a MB dealer worry about any of our upgrades with respect to the warranty or service. Clearly 'retrofits' are done to factory spec / procedures so no argument, but even with aftermarkets amps etc they are still happy. Of course there are likely to be almost no cases of problems in anycase as in reality the cars are very reliable in the warranty period :)

And although it may sound weird, when we install genuine Mercedes parts, the parts warranty for any failures the dealers have to do the warranty claim (and get paid labour by Mercedes), so we work with the dealer and provide the original parts receipt and all is fine. Happens so so rarely though. Twice I can think of. Which is why we use genuine parts !!!

Richard

Good to know. I assumed that parts that weren't fitted by the factory won't be covered under the new car warranty (even if they were MB-branded parts). I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom