Comand system disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steam_biker

Car
W211 E320 sport Yamaha FZR 600 Genesis 1991
My Nov 2006 E320 CD1 Sport has the original Comand disc in the unit. I was driving over the Clackmannanshire bridge, but on the screen, I was in the River Forth! I am unsure of the discs on E Bay, I don't want to wreck the system, but don't want to spend a fortune. Any ideas or advice please?

Updating the maps disc is never a bad idea, BUT when COMAND thinks you are in a nearby river (or a field, or on top of a mountain etc) then this is usually an issue with the satellite reception, not the maps version.

I.e., it is unlikely that your old maps incorrectly have the bridge located a few hundred yards away from where it actually is...

Firstly, when this happens again, check how many satellites COMAND can see. It should see a minimum of 3, but ideally 5 or more. 11 or 12 if a great result! If COMAND does not see the satellites, then you have an issue with either the GPS antenna, or a faulty COMAND unit.

Two other things that are always worth trying when dealing with electronics in general are (a) pull-out the COMAND fuse in the engine bay fusebox to ensure hard boot, and (b) Google for firmware updates options for your version of COMAND.

£1 e/w that the sat nav ariel is dead . :)

I read it that the bridge, wasn't built, during the tenure of his map. If that is the case,a trip to your local stealer may be fruitful in getting a later disk.

I brought a 2017 disk, for my 2005 R230 for £100. Not to bad for OEM.

As above, I'd assume the map is just out-of-date. - I bought a new one shortly after buying the car, and even that gets confused by the changed roads on the way to Manchester airport from the M6.

For the sake of not bricking COMAND, I bought from the good folks at comandonline.co.uk

its bought not brought @-)

The bridge was built after my car was built. The local stealer is supplying a disc for £100.
Thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom