Comand system - How to keep powered on when engine switched off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

daveiw100

Car
C180
How can I keep the Audio system powered on when engine is switched off ????
Currently the Comand system shuts down after approx 2 minutes after the engine is switched off

If you switch it on again, it should stay switched-on.

Once the battery voltage starts to drop, you'll get a warning on screen and COMAND will shut itself down.

What model of COMAND, and what year is your C180?

Thanks for your replies.
suspect a battery problem.
when I switch on again after shutting down, only stays powered up for a couple of minutes.
have not run the car much recently due to current Covid restrictions - car is sitting on the drive for several days, then only driving a couple of miles to local park/supermarket, so suspect battery not fully charging
thanks again

Sounds like you need a long extension lead and something like my SIP Chargestar Smart 18V Automatic battery charger, as I have a similar problem with my S204 living on our driveway. The joy of my charger is that you set it up, walk away and when it gets the battery to 100% it shuts down - and with my S204 I can close the tailgate over the extension lead cable without damage so I can leave the car charging overnight but it's locked and alarmed! I bought the charger from Toolstation, about £50 delivered, am really pleased with it as it does 6V and 12V, gel, AGM and wet batteries, slow and fast charge. I also have a cheapo Lidl battery condition monitor permanently attached to the battery and visible through the tailgate so I can see when the light goes from green to amber - that's when I normally connect the charger, if it goes to red I defo need the connect the charger! Cost less than £10 on eBay as I missed them for less in Lidl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom