Comand update 08 R230 SL

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
I've just bought one of the last of the pre facelift R230s, a 2008 Sport Edition SL500. I've had a look here, but can't find out much about the Comand system, other than it appears to be NTG2? It has DVD with telephony package and a multi cd player, which I can't release the tray from, and I would imagine the original sat nav disc.

The display doesn't show distance remaining or ETA on the map screen, and I haven't discovered where the nav disc lives yet. Does anyone know what the latest version is please? Any info gratefully received!

I've just bought one of the last of the pre facelift R230s, a 2008 Sport Edition SL500. I've had a look here, but can't find out much about the Comand system, other than it appears to be NTG2? It has DVD with telephony package and a multi cd player, which I can't release the tray from, and I would imagine the original sat nav disc.

The display doesn't show distance remaining or ETA on the map screen, and I haven't discovered where the nav disc lives yet. Does anyone know what the latest version is please? Any info gratefully received!

An SL will not be NTG2. The R230 remained in production for awhile longer than 2008 and from model year 2009 had NTG 2.5 as opposed to the earlier NTG1. NTG 2.5 is hard disk based. Latest maps are version 14.

You have NTG1 if your navigation drive is in the boot on the left behind the flap. A 2008 car could be a model year 2009.

Thanks, Alfie. Yes, it's NTG1, although the display looks a lot different to the NTG1 in my 04 S211, which I updated, both the firmware, from an online link, and nav disc.

Is version 14 the latest for NTG1 or 2.5? Is there a firmware update available online, or would that be done via a newer navigation disc? Mine is the 08 model, as it was facelifted shortly after with a new front end, hence the Sports Edition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom