Comand Update

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GlenQ

Car
2004 W220 S320 CDI
Can anyone who has used the downloadable Comand 2.5 firmware update please lend it to me to update my unit.

I have downloaded the update and despite using two different types of CD's my unit refuses to update. It starts the process, gets to around 90% then stalls even after leaving the process running for well over one hour.

If someone would loan me a known working disk i would be most gratefull. I would of course pay postage both ways.

Thanks in anticipation. :thumb:

Comand 2.5 firmware would also get updated when you insert a newer version navigation disc.

Comand 2.5 firmware would also get updated when you insert a newer version navigation disc.

With respect I don't think this is correct. I have a 2010 disk and when I first inserted it some data was updated but I don't think the comand firmware was updated as I still do not have the MB logo on the screen when I turn the unit on. Can anyone confirm this?

Can anyone who has used the downloadable Comand 2.5 firmware update please lend it to me to update my unit.

I have downloaded the update and despite using two different types of CD's my unit refuses to update. It starts the process, gets to around 90% then stalls even after leaving the process running for well over one hour.

If someone would loan me a known working disk i would be most gratefull. I would of course pay postage both ways.

Thanks in anticipation. :thumb:

You need to use a genuine disk. If you use a copy and it stalls during phase two of the update it will render your comand unit absolutely useless.

The firmware update should give you the STAR logo. When a new navigation disk is inserted the Navigation software is updated as NPUK says.

You need to use a genuine disk. If you use a copy and it stalls during phase two of the update it will render your comand unit absolutely useless.

The firmware update should give you the STAR logo. When a new navigation disk is inserted the Navigation software is updated as NPUK says.

Thanks, I have read of owners sucsessfully doing the firmware update using the downloaded file burnt to good quality CD's.

I suppose the chance of getting hold of an original will be slim at best.

Thanks, I have read of owners sucsessfully doing the firmware update using the downloaded file burnt to good quality CD's.

I suppose the chance of getting hold of an original will be slim at best.

An original one is £20 from our online shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom