COMAND voice very tinny / low quality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ToMegaTherion

Car
SL350 (R230)
Hi, the route guidance voice on my COMAND (in a 2009 R230) is very "tinny" (all highs and mids, no "bottom end") and low quality. CD and other audio is fine. It's not the common volume issue (I can adjust the voice volume just fine). It almost sounds as if the voice is coming out of a different set of speakers.

Anyone encountered this or know of a setting/control to adjust?

Cheers!

... actually, thinking about it, the route guidance voice speaks over whatever audio is playing. I seem to remember that was not the case on my previous MB (07 CLS). In that car, I think the music or radio would fade out before the route guidance voice was heard. Is that a specific setting?

(In case you're wondering: no, the car did not come with any manuals when I bought it!)

Yes it is an option to fade out the music when there are announcements. Assume yours is NTG2.5 Comand. Link to manual, though US version but most is relevant

If the sound continues to be tinny then it could be the centre dash speaker - if yours has one - is dying. It takes some punishment being under the windscreen. I replaced mine (2008 CLS) with a Faital speaker when I upgraded all of the speakers. Huge improvement, especially for telephone calls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom